Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

All is saved Players call for a players only meeting

Gunther is the witch...happy now?

gunther.gif

I like it...and any time a "players only" meeting is called it seems like it leads to extremes. Either a huge push or an utter collapse and deflation. Rarely do I recall a team ever ho-humming it after a players only meeting. Prepare for an LKP or hughes onslaught. I'm pulling for LKP and I think hughes is too...

They'll beat the Packers without Rodgers, then go back to their basic uninspired football. Nothing to get excited about boys.

Last edited:
The players only meeting is a blanket party for Durham. That fumble looked intentional in slow-mo. Everyone bring a tube sock full of bar soap!:bat:

If we had any resemblance of a gm, durham would be off the roster by tomorrow.

?I try not to listen to people outside these doors,? said wide receiver Nate Burleson, who returned Sunday from a broken forearm. ?Everyone inside the organization is what we try to focus on. At the end of the day, if we win big, people are going to praise us and pick us for the Super Bowl. If we lose, then people are going to say that these Lions suck and it?s the same old Lions.

http://www.freep.com/article/201311...ns-lose-more-than-a-game-they-lose-some-trust

Umm..its not just that the Lions lost, but HOW they lost, and who they have lost to, which was very reminiscent of losing Lions teams of the past. If the '13 Lions play like MOST of the teams of the 60s- '00s, then yeah they ARE the same old Lions, who STILL have to prove otherwise, which this team has yet to do for any extended series of games, much less the entire season.

He is not the first Lions player to ever say something like that either, I have heard or read the same or similar from assorted Lions players ever since the 70s.

I just need to know, what the hell was Durham trying to do? I think he's being paid by the competition

Last edited:
“I try not to listen to people outside these doors,” said wide receiver Nate Burleson, who returned Sunday from a broken forearm. “Everyone inside the organization is what we try to focus on. At the end of the day, if we win big, people are going to praise us and pick us for the Super Bowl. If we lose, then people are going to say that these Lions suck and it’s the same old Lions.

http://www.freep.com/article/201311...ns-lose-more-than-a-game-they-lose-some-trust

Umm..its not just that the Lions lost, but HOW they lost, and who they have lost to, which was very reminiscent of losing Lions teams of the past. If the '13 Lions play like MOST of the teams of the 60s- '00s, then yeah they ARE the same old Lions, who STILL have to prove otherwise, which this team has yet to do for any extended series of games, much less the entire season.

He is not the first Lions player to ever say something like that either, I have heard or read the same or similar from assorted Lions players ever since the 70s.

Its sad when even the announcers start with the "same ol lions" talk...and how the stands shouldn't be surprised cause they've seen the same ol shit for so many years. It was a running joke between the announcers the entire second half lol. When people are paid to be unbiased and still start to fuck with you....that's when you know youre a bad team.

Last edited:
Back