Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

OT: Mike Peterson collapse

Mitchrapp

Northern Michigan Wildcats
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Michigan Wolverines
http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/42806/eagles-mike-patterson-collapses-at-practice

Philadelphia Eagles defensive lineman Mike Patterson dropped to the ground and went into convulsions before the start of drills today at Eagles training camp, according to eyewitness accounts such as this one from philly.com:

Head athletic trainer Rick Burkholder quickly moved to stabilize Patterson's neck and clear his airway. Patterson was moving his arms, but never got off the turf, as teammates gathered around and an ambulance was summoned. Patterson eventually was loaded into the ambulance on the field, and presumably taken to Lehigh Valley Medical Center.

I'm still at Redskins camp today, so I was following this on Twitter like many of you and read the scary accounts of shaken-up Eagles players and coaches watching as Patterson was loaded into the ambulance (with first-round pick and former firefighter Danny Watkins supervising). I have no more information at this point but obviously we all hope Patterson is OK. I'll post updates as I get them.
Philadelphia Eagles defensive lineman Mike Patterson dropped to the ground and went into convulsions before the start of drills today at Eagles training camp, according to eyewitness accounts such as this one from philly.com:

Head athletic trainer Rick Burkholder quickly moved to stabilize Patterson's neck and clear his airway. Patterson was moving his arms, but never got off the turf, as teammates gathered around and an ambulance was summoned. Patterson eventually was loaded into the ambulance on the field, and presumably taken to Lehigh Valley Medical Center.

I'm still at Redskins camp today, so I was following this on Twitter like many of you and read the scary accounts of shaken-up Eagles players and coaches watching as Patterson was loaded into the ambulance (with first-round pick and former firefighter Danny Watkins supervising). I have no more information at this point but obviously we all hope Patterson is OK. I'll post updates as I get them.

what the fuck? I hope the guy's okay, that's some scary stuff.

They said today he has a condition that has to do with a cluster of blood vesels at the base of his skull and will either need surgery or chemo.

I know much like with Follett you just hope he has a normal long life and football is secondary. Not really worth risking your health more than it already is.

Back