Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Suh already causing problems in Miami

We wouldn't be missing Levy as much right now, that's for damn sure

People keep talking about losing Suh but not only did they not adequately replace him, they didn't replace Fairley either. I feel like they downgraded in both spots. I'm just happy Ansah still looks good despite it, I was worried he was only a product of that duo. Ziggy is definitely for real.

Don't downplay getting weaker in the middle and what it does to the LB core as well. Ray Lewis looked like dog shit the one year his DTs were out/injured.

Last edited:
People keep talking about losing Suh but not only did they not adequately replace him, they didn't replace Fairley either. I feel like they downgraded in both spots. I'm just happy Ansah still looks good despite it, I was worried he was only a product of that duo. Ziggy is definitely for real.

Don't downplay getting weaker in the middle and what it does to the LB core as well. Ray Lewis looked like dog shit the one year his DTs were out/injured.

But nobody could EVER replace Suh. You won't replace that production. Yeah, someone will come along one of these days, but for now, it's a lost cause. Ngata was a quick fix. Fairley was an enigma here. Play good....play bad......get hurt.....play good.....get hurt...play bad.....get hurt....play hurt......gone. Too inconsistent with him. He's replaceable.

But nobody could EVER replace Suh. You won't replace that production. Yeah, someone will come along one of these days, but for now, it's a lost cause. Ngata was a quick fix. Fairley was an enigma here. Play good....play bad......get hurt.....play good.....get hurt...play bad.....get hurt....play hurt......gone. Too inconsistent with him. He's replaceable.

I never said they could've/should've replaced Suh, I said they didn't. Which is true yeah? And Fairley might have been inconsistent but he was still a force in the middle when on the field (he played in 75% of the Lions games in his 4 years here, not exactly in injury bust).

I'm not saying "Mayhew sucks" or any of that other bullshit. Circumstances being what they are, having to replace both DTs in one off season, our interior on the Dline is weaker now. I don't think many people can/would argue that.

My main point was how that can effect everything behind them. How many times last year did we say how the Dline was good at masking the defense weaknesses? Well, it's not as capable of doing it now and it shows.

Ziggy flashes brilliance a handful of times a game. But he disappears for entire quarters of games. ...which isn't good considering we never have the ball.

Or you could plan ahead like most organizations. You had Fairley and suh both up at the same time. There was no fantasy world possible of us keeping them both. Hmmm....donald is right there.....hmmmmm.....nah top 10 te.

Or you could plan ahead like most organizations. You had Fairley and suh both up at the same time. There was no fantasy world possible of us keeping them both. Hmmm....donald is right there.....hmmmmm.....nah top 10 te.

Yeah, easy to hang on Donald's nuts knowing now what he is. Can't make that call. They thought they had Suh locked up and Fairley was replacable. Duped by Suh and Fairley walked. They went out and got the next best thing (at the time) ..Ngata. Then they went after a heavily sought after DT in Walker and drafted Wright. Now, it's easy to rip on Ngata because he hasn't done much. So, lets pile on the GM for Suh not wanting to be here, Ngata struggling, Wright is a rook and Walker is more of a project. You can't do that!!!

Yeah, easy to hang on Donald's nuts knowing now what he is. Can't make that call. They thought they had Suh locked up and Fairley was replacable. Duped by Suh and Fairley walked. They went out and got the next best thing (at the time) ..Ngata. Then they went after a heavily sought after DT in Walker and drafted Wright. Now, it's easy to rip on Ngata because he hasn't done much. So, lets pile on the GM for Suh not wanting to be here, Ngata struggling, Wright is a rook and Walker is more of a project. You can't do that!!!

You can do that. ....we knew everything you just said before they even played the games. Walker was a back up on a sorry ass new Orleans defense. No one in their right mind thought he'd come in and be Fairley.

Last edited:
Then they went after a heavily sought after DT in Walker

Highly sought after...He signed a one year $1.75M deal. If he was highly sought after he would have been offered a big contract from someone.

Last edited:
Highly sought after...He signed a one year $1.75M deal. If he was highly sought after he would have been offered a big contract from someone.

You can be highly sought and not be high priced. I think Walked was viewed as a guy a lot of teams wanted because of his play AND because of his price tag. He did a smart thing in signing a one year deal with a team. He plays well......hits free agency again.....and makes a lot more.

I don't know this for sure.....but I bet there were teams that offered him 3 or 4 year deals in the $6M-$8M range (total, not per year)......but he could make that per season if he plays really well this year.

So far though, he's been average.

You can be highly sought and not be high priced. I think Walked was viewed as a guy a lot of teams wanted because of his play AND because of his price tag. He did a smart thing in signing a one year deal with a team. He plays well......hits free agency again.....and makes a lot more.

I don't know this for sure.....but I bet there were teams that offered him 3 or 4 year deals in the $6M-$8M range (total, not per year)......but he could make that per season if he plays really well this year.

So far though, he's been average.

I suppose...I guess I assumed he was saying he was highly sought after because he was good...not just because he was cheap.

Walker did well Week 1. Struggled in run defense Week 2. 14 plus playoffs to go. TBD

There were more than a handful of teams after Walker, do your research. He just wasn't getting the big money because he wasn't a starter in New Orleans. he came to Detroit because of the opportunity to start.

You can do that. ....we knew everything you just said before they even played the games. Walker was a back up on a sorry ass new Orleans defense. No one in their right mind thought he'd come in and be Fairley.

And he was the best DLineman on that team in a small sample size. Detroit got him cheap and the opportunity was here for him.

And he was the best DLineman on that team in a small sample size. Detroit got him cheap and the opportunity was here for him.

Best D Lineman? You think the Saints are that stupid to have their best D lineman on the bench and not give him an offer?

There were more than a handful of teams after Walker, do your research. He just wasn't getting the big money because he wasn't a starter in New Orleans. he came to Detroit because of the opportunity to start.

I think the interest by other teams was for him as a backup. He signed with the Lions because MM said he would be given the opportunity to start.

Best D Lineman? You think the Saints are that stupid to have their best D lineman on the bench and not give him an offer?

Not overall!! there was an article about Walker being one of the best DL on a Saints squad that was just not that good. take it for what it's worth. He supposedly played well in New Orleans last year, but yes, it was in a backup role. That doesn't mean he isn't good. And we don't know what the Saints offered him either. Maybe they tried to lowball him..

Back