Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Avril to sign and report

wheels002

Cliff just tweeted he will be at practice tomorrow. I know some of you wanted to trade him but we were never gonna get a 1st and 3rd.

That's the reason I wanted it for the picks ;-) . Wasn't going to happen though. I love this new CBA.

Very good news! As much as people bag on him, the guy does get to the QB. Doesnt always get him, but still creates chaos. Suh had a few sacks last year because of cliff's outside pressure.

Don't think people wanted him traded as much as they didn't care if he got traded. I think cliff has a big year. 11 sacks in 13 games (you know he's gonna miss atleast 3)

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]Very good news! As much as people bag on him, the guy does get to the QB. Doesnt always get him, but still creates chaos. Suh had a few sacks last year because of cliff's outside pressure.

Or the other way around :)

Still love lojack's game. Either could be the starter and we wouldnt lose a beat.

One rule I love with the new CBA i the holdout rule. It used to be all you had to do was show up by week 10 and you could get the year toward free agency and the fine was just like 7500 a day. Now you have to show up 30 days before game 1 and the fine is 30k a day.

I like the KVB,AVril and LoJack combo. Losing McBride stinks though. Somone has to step up for that 4th DE spot. Willie Young is first up.

Word out of camp is that Willie's looking good. Looking forward to seeing him this preseason, he looked good against other 3rd's last year.

-- In the one-on-one pass rush drills -- in pads -- there were some notable performances. Second-year player Willie Young looked much better in using his strength, combing some power with his edge speed. The Lions are cautiously optimistic about Young, who had some immaturity problems last year that seem to be behind him. Young could be one of the reasons Turk McBride, a key backup at defensive end, opted to go to the New Orleans Saints in free agency.

where did gunther's boy go? i'm going on record as saying this is the last time we'll see cliff in a lions jersey. i just don't see them bringing him back next year.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]If he wants that bid DE money than yeah, this Is it..

He can stay and sign his long term deal at 3 mil/yr and play next to Suh. Or he can jack it all up and sign big somewhere else and after a couple years of playing to his potential (6-8 sacks a year with 1 move and playing poor against the run) he'll be released and looking for a job. Hes be smart to be a career lion and play with padded stats next to Suh.

If not...who cares....ive been calling for an upgrade to that position for over 2 years.

He is a decent DE that had his best year when the dline started getting good. He helped but he is week against the run and I really hope he outperforms my expectations for him this year.

Back