Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2016 Home & Away schedule

Mitchrapp

Northern Michigan Wildcats
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Michigan Wolverines
http://espn.go.com/blog/detroit-lio...roit-lions-home-and-away-opponents-determined

Home opponents
(*playoff team): Green Bay Packers*, Minnesota Vikings*, Chicago Bears, Philadelphia Eagles, Washington Redskins*, Jacksonville Jaguars, Tennessee Titans, St. Louis Rams.

Away opponents
(*playoff team): Green Bay Packers*, Minnesota Vikings*, Chicago Bears, Dallas Cowboys, New York Giants, Houston Texans*, Indianapolis Colts, New Orleans Saints.

My take: This should be a more manageable schedule for the Lions than what they ended up dealing with this year. Instead of the high-powered NFC West and the AFC West, both with two playoff teams among them, the Lions will face two divisions -- AFC South, NFC East -- with no 10-win teams and only the division champs (Houston and Washington) over .500. The travel will be much easier as well. There are no West Coast trips and no game in London. Of course, there are so many questions with the Lions franchise as the 2015 concludes that any real determination of the schedule can?t be made until those situations are resolved.

I can see it now...

They keep Caldwell, Lions win 11 games and make playoffs, but lose in R1 again.

"Caldwell has taken the Lions to the playoffs in 2 of his 3 years!" becomes the mantra to keep that fucking quitter around for a decade...and the Lions never win a fucking playoff game the entire time because they only make it to the playoffs every other year (because they only make the playoffs by beating the bad teams, so the schedule is favorable one year but not the next and then returns to favorable again but not the next...also, remember the Lions history of never winning 10 games in consecutive years).

And many Lions fans will be content that the team makes the playoffs every other year, wondering what is so bad about that???

Seriously, even if Caldwell brings Lombardi Trophy to Detroit, I will not like the guy. I am absolutely a Hater. Fuck, he could bring 10 straight SB victories to Detroit and I'd still be a Hater. Don't like his decisions, coaching style, personality...none of it.

We need to win playoff games. New GM and possible new HC, no matter how many wins, it could be 12 and a playoff loss and it's a bad season.

We need to win playoff games. New GM and possible new HC, no matter how many wins, it could be 12 and a playoff loss and it's a bad season.

missing the playoffs and a sub .500 record is a bad season. Winning 12 games and losing in the playoffs can not be a bad season for the Lions. Another disappointing finish...yes, but not a bad season IMO

missing the playoffs and a sub .500 record is a bad season. Winning 12 games and losing in the playoffs can not be a bad season for the Lions. Another disappointing finish...yes, but not a bad season IMO

It's a bad season. They could win 12 five straight seasons with no playoff wins and the whole system, GM and coach, should be fired again.

It's a bad season. They could win 12 five straight seasons with no playoff wins and the whole system, GM and coach, should be fired again.

if they won 12 games every year for the next 5 years but didn't have a playoff win...you would be stupid to fire everyone. You would need to find the reason they had such good success in the regular season but lost in the playoffs.

if they won 12 games every year for the next 5 years but didn't have a playoff win...you would be stupid to fire everyone. You would need to find the reason they had such good success in the regular season but lost in the playoffs.

and that answer is likely poor coaching.

I wouldn't fire everyone, but if it is a coach like Caldwell...damn straight he'd be fired.

and that answer is likely poor coaching.

I wouldn't fire everyone, but if it is a coach like Caldwell...damn straight he'd be fired.

that would be my guess too. If you have the talent to win 12 games a year you don't get rid of the guy getting the players!

Make it 7 and we'd be the Bengals!

How about Andy Reid. All those NFC Champ games.

I can see it now...

They keep Caldwell, Lions win 11 games and make playoffs, but lose in R1 again.

"Caldwell has taken the Lions to the playoffs in 2 of his 3 years!" becomes the mantra to keep that fucking quitter around for a decade...and the Lions never win a fucking playoff game the entire time because they only make it to the playoffs every other year (because they only make the playoffs by beating the bad teams, so the schedule is favorable one year but not the next and then returns to favorable again but not the next...also, remember the Lions history of never winning 10 games in consecutive years).

And many Lions fans will be content that the team makes the playoffs every other year, wondering what is so bad about that???

Seriously, even if Caldwell brings Lombardi Trophy to Detroit, I will not like the guy. I am absolutely a Hater. Fuck, he could bring 10 straight SB victories to Detroit and I'd still be a Hater. Don't like his decisions, coaching style, personality...none of it.

Holy shit, dude. Is it hard to wake up in the morning being you? Cmon bro ....

Man, with that schedule 11 wins is totally possible. If they can split with the vikes and pack then I'm good with the regular season. They should be aiming for no less than a playoff win imo.

Man, with that schedule 11 wins is totally possible. If they can split with the vikes and pack then I'm good with the regular season. They should be aiming for no less than a playoff win imo.

I can legit see 12 wins being the minimum needed to win the division next year. I can also see the 2 Wildcards being from the division with Vikes, Pack, and Lions all getting in. Each has potential to sweep the other division opponents and then split wins amongst them so I think one of the 3 gets to 13 wins, one to 12, and another gets 11. The other divisions, win the division or out of the playoffs.

That's not to say the SB goes through the NFC North next year, it is just an observation as to how weak the NFC North opponents will be.

Also not saying it WILL happen, just that I can see potential.

Winning 11 games and losing in the first round is not a good season. I know a ton of people deemed the 2014 season as a rousing success, but please stop comparing the Lions to themselves. It's time to expect more, especially in a league that really encourages parody. Minnesota has been kings of the 6-10, 7-9 season, and they figured out a way to rise up and win the division. KC was dead and buried and made the playoffs, and WON a game.

Time to expect more as fans. Stop patting this team on the back for a 11-5 season with no playoff wins, or a meaningless 6-2 stretch this season.

Winning 11 games and losing in the first round is not a good season. I know a ton of people deemed the 2014 season as a rousing success, but please stop comparing the Lions to themselves. It's time to expect more, especially in a league that really encourages parody. Minnesota has been kings of the 6-10, 7-9 season, and they figured out a way to rise up and win the division. KC was dead and buried and made the playoffs, and WON a game.

Time to expect more as fans. Stop patting this team on the back for a 11-5 season with no playoff wins, or a meaningless 6-2 stretch this season.

Who is calling an 11-5 season a success??? You don't win the SB, you have failed as a team. No other way to look at it. But on the other hand, going 11-5 is nice, but the main objective is to win the SB.
Minnesota and KC FAILED. Why are you talking them up like they won something? You're a fucking hypocrite. According to you, teams like Minnesota and KC achieved something, right? WRONG!!!!! They didn't. They won jackshit! But if Detroit goes 11-5 and gets bounced in the playoffs, they have accomplished nothing? But but but...you just said that Minny and KC found a way to get it done. They got NOTHING done because they're watching the playoffs from their couches just like the Lions are. Stop talking out the side of your mouth....

KC- Won a road playoff game
Minnesota- Won the division

Lions done any of those things recently?

I swear, sometimes I don't think you actually read or put sentences together. The 11-5 season was talked about by a ton of people on here as a huge step and a massive positive. I just want to see them win a playoff game or win the division. Those are steps.

Stop talking out of the side of your mouth? Uh, do you get how insults work?

KC- Won a road playoff game
Minnesota- Won the division

Lions done any of those things recently?

I swear, sometimes I don't think you actually read or put sentences together. The 11-5 season was talked about by a ton of people on here as a huge step and a massive positive. I just want to see them win a playoff game or win the division. Those are steps.

Stop talking out of the side of your mouth? Uh, do you get how insults work?

Has Minnesota or KC won the SB lately? No, they haven't. They're in the same boat as the Lions. Sitting at home for the rest of the playoffs. One goal, tard. ONE!!! And that's to win the big one. Going 11-5 and making the playoffs are a step in the right direction, but going 7-9 the next year is a step backward. Of course you don't see it like that because you're dense as fuck but whatayagonnado? You're beyond help lol

Do i get how insults work? Sure I do. You talk out the side of your mouth. Lions going 11-5 means nothing to you, but if another team was to show improvement on the year before, you would be clamoring that the team is moving on up!!! You can't help yourself but you call yourself a Lions fan, so you "talk out of the side of your mouth" like nobody is listening...lol. You're a joke. Just my obversation.....

Uhhhh, dude, it's BOTH sides of your mouth, not one side of your mouth. One side of your mouth would mean one point. Clearly you don't. But keep slapping down those emojis to cover up your inability to understand how to lay down insults.

No, they aren't. They've done stuff. Let me break down your first statement.
"Going 7-9 the next year is a step backward, and I (dubbs) don't see it like that."
What in the holy F does that even mean? How else would one person evaluate the season?? OF COURSE it was a huge step back. When did I say otherwise? Hey straw man, got anything else? Do you even know what you are typing anymore?

So ultimately every season, there's only 1 team that was a success? You don't think teams that make the SB or win the division don't deserve some credit? No, I don't see an 11-5 REGULAR season as a success, but winning a division (which they haven't done in forever), or winning a playoff game is a big step forward.

Last edited:
Back