Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

So far Bob Quinn not looking good.

Rudock played 3rd stringers. Dan o 2nd. There is a difference

Anyone notice that the guys he brought in who were cut, were predominantly replaced by guys he also brought in?

Kind of hard to say all of his picks/deals are trash, when he also brought in the guys who replaced the ones that got cut.

No its not

You think Quinn evaluates these guys from his office? That's a coaches job. As far as cuts, what's the point of a young QB outplaying a shit veteran yet we keep the worthless guy..

I thought he did 2 good things this offseason. Decent draft and he got oline/dline depth. Then he went out and cut all of his oline and dline depth. So right now he better hope his draft picks pan out our else it was a wasted off season.

Still has a shit coach
Oline only improved at rt
Wrs are worse
Rbs same
Dline lacks depth
Secondary is full of veteran washed up band aids.

This would be a 4 win team if our schedule wasnt so easy. We will end up with 7-8 wins.

Last edited:
I know someone will say it was only a 6th round pick, blah blah blah. But what's the point of drafting a guy when they know in April he was never going to make the team? One thing is sure, Dan O is not a 2nd or 3rd string QB. It might seem like a non move to some of you but it's more of the same IMO.

Man I am pretty quick to judge, but we have to give the guy a year or two at least. Despite winning a few games last year this team has no identity, it's Quinn's job to find one and he can't just wave a magic wand and make it happen. IMO he hasn't done anything really good or really bad to influence my opinion of him either way. Keeping Caldwell maybe? I love drafting olinemen high but thought Decker was a poor prospect. I like Marvin Jones and think he will be a good edition, you could find worse than Boldin as a vet rental. No Ebron level disasters yet in my mind.

You think Quinn evaluates these guys from his office? That's a coaches job. As far as cuts, what's the point of a young QB outplaying a shit veteran yet we keep the worthless guy..

From his office??? Holy fuck you're dense, buddy lol. HIS OFFICE?!?! Did you really say that??? The guy is probably at every practice and he's 100% at every preseason game. That's a FACT. As for the decisions on who stays and who goes.....it's 100% a group decision. Ya, coaches give the GM all the info he needs and will probably try and save a few players but the final decision comes from the GM. Clue in....

From his office??? Holy fuck you're dense, buddy lol. HIS OFFICE?!?! Did you really say that??? The guy is probably at every practice and he's 100% at every preseason game. That's a FACT. As for the decisions on who stays and who goes.....it's 100% a group decision. Ya, coaches give the GM all the info he needs and will probably try and save a few players but the final decision comes from the GM. Clue in....

The point is, Caldwell and his coaches say if they want him or not. The GM isn't going to say "I think you're wrong" on a late round or undrafted pick. The coaches know if the players are valuable or not .. You're the dense one. I've seen stupid before but you take the cake.. Congrats.

The point is, Caldwell and his coaches say if they want him or not. The GM isn't going to say "I think you're wrong" on a late round or undrafted pick. The coaches know if the players are valuable or not .. You're the dense one. I've seen stupid before but you take the cake.. Congrats.

Baaaaaaahahahahaaaaaaaa!!!!!! Go away, Mitch. Let the adults talk football. If a GM wants someone gone then he's gone.
Did you really write this line btw? I might need glasses...idk lol. "The GM isn't going to say "I think you're wrong on a late rd or undrafted pick". You said that, right?? Holy shit, you did lmao. Who the fuck is that GM talking to?! Himself?!?! Because the GM makes the pick, you imbecile!! HC's make draft picks now??? What fucking planet do you live on, man??? You have got to be the dumbest guy to ever talk football. You're an embarrassment lol.

So, guys like Millen and Mayhew have been unjustly riduliculed for years according to Mitch lol. It was all on the HC's. Who knew?!?!

So, guys like Millen and Mayhew have been unjustly riduliculed for years according to Mitch lol. It was all on the HC's. Who knew?!?!

GM gets players. Draft players. Sign players. HC either ant or don't want 6th round draft picks. If you actually think Quinn went to Caldwell and said, #14 has got to go you're silly.

GM gets players. Draft players. Sign players. HC either ant or don't want 6th round draft picks. If you actually think Quinn went to Caldwell and said, #14 has got to go you're silly.

Did i say it was all on the GM? No i didn't. It's a room full of guys that make the decisions for the best of the team, but the GM has final say. You just said it yourself....don't fool yourself.
And of course Quinn doesn't just walk up to Caldwell to tell him a player has to go. Wtf is wrong with you?? Lol.

Glad the kid at least made the practice squad . He deserves a spot over film guy Dan lol.

I was kind of bummed about some of the cuts but I didn't expect the backlash from fans that was received. Acting like these guys are the type of players that make or break a playoff year is a bit of a stretch. Calm down.

I was kind of bummed about some of the cuts but I didn't expect the backlash from fans that was received. Acting like these guys are the type of players that make or break a playoff year is a bit of a stretch. Calm down.

I'm only bummed about the one guy. And it's mainly because it seems they were going with Dan O since April. So I wonder why draft a QB when he never really had a chance. Because if its not the competition (not his fault he played vs 3rd stringers) what does a guy have to do..

And I am calm..

Glad the kid at least made the practice squad . He deserves a spot over film guy Dan lol.

He was making the practice squad 100%. NOBODY in their right mind was claiming this kid because if you did, you have to put him on your 53 man roster the whole year lol

I'm only bummed about the one guy. And it's mainly because it seems they were going with Dan O since April. So I wonder why draft a QB when he never really had a chance. Because if its not the competition (not his fault he played vs 3rd stringers) what does a guy have to do..

And I am calm..

Because that QB is a project. He's NOT ready to go up against stiffer competition. What don't you get?? Expect Rudock to seriously contend for a backup role next year....one year under this system and he should be ready to roll.

And I am calm..

I'm glad you are calm because I keep coming across fans (like the OP of this thread) that are losing their minds. Back QB for the Lions and backup goalie for the Red Wings are the absolute best jobs in all of Detroit sports. It gets proven correct on a yearly basis.

In the end, it all worked out. Rudock is still part of the team. I get that he outplayed Orlosvky but I think Quinn knows if Stafford goes down, this season is done regardless of backup QB so he's going with the experience to help on the sideline. When Matt comes off the field and is looking for opinions, I think he's going to value a vet's ideas more than a rookie.

Quinn obviously values Rudock enough to spend a draft pick on him and keep him stashed on the practice squad. Way too soon to call that a wasted draft pick as some are.

Back