Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

So far Bob Quinn not looking good.

I'm glad you are calm because I keep coming across fans (like the OP of this thread) that are losing their minds. Back QB for the Lions and backup goalie for the Red Wings are the absolute best jobs in all of Detroit sports. It gets proven correct on a yearly basis.

In the end, it all worked out. Rudock is still part of the team. I get that he outplayed Orlosvky but I think Quinn knows if Stafford goes down, this season is done regardless of backup QB so he's going with the experience to help on the sideline. When Matt comes off the field and is looking for opinions, I think he's going to value a vet's ideas more than a rookie.

Quinn obviously values Rudock enough to spend a draft pick on him and keep him stashed on the practice squad. Way too soon to call that a wasted draft pick as some are.

Did you just say experience??? How dare you!!!

The only reason that ever made sense in Arguing to trade calvin was the money we could put back into the team. So i ask you. What the fuck did quin do to upgrade this team with all the money he had?

We picked up a couple aging/injured scraps in the secondary and got marvin jones. Yippie.

Ready to hold a clip board? You're taking crazy pills.

And you're lost in your own little world. Neither Rudock OR Orlovsky are the fucking answers if Stafford goes down. So what's the fucking difference?! Think about it, you schmuck. Rudock didn't even go up against the 1's or the 2's during preseason. He would get eaten alive by real defenses right now. DanO is shit....YES, I agree but at least he's been in the dance.
RUDOCK ISN'T READY!!!!!! Get it through your fucking melons, people!!

The only reason that ever made sense in Arguing to trade calvin was the money we could put back into the team. So i ask you. What the fuck did quin do to upgrade this team with all the money he had?

We picked up a couple aging/injured scraps in the secondary and got marvin jones. Yippie.

Now you're crying over what Quinn has done??? Wtf do you want him to do?? He's a first time GM trying to build a team the right way. And you have no clue what he's tried to do. We just see the guys that he acquires. Maybe he tried to blow all the money we had. That would make you feel better??? Stfu, man....you're a fucking baby that constantly whines like a chick. He picked up some nice pieces for the team so far. Quinn himself even told everyone that this is a work in progress. You blubbered about Mayhew from day 1. Now we get a young, fresh and hungry GM and you still moan. Slow the hell down..lol.

GM gets players. Draft players. Sign players. HC either ant or don't want 6th round draft picks. If you actually think Quinn went to Caldwell and said, #14 has got to go you're silly.

Pretty good chance Quinn said you can have two QBs on the 53...as a philosophical choice for the organization. Which is as good as saying they would try (successfully I may add) to get Rudock to the practice squad.

I'm glad you are calm because I keep coming across fans (like the OP of this thread) that are losing their minds. Back QB for the Lions and backup goalie for the Red Wings are the absolute best jobs in all of Detroit sports. It gets proven correct on a yearly basis.

In the end, it all worked out. Rudock is still part of the team. I get that he outplayed Orlosvky but I think Quinn knows if Stafford goes down, this season is done regardless of backup QB so he's going with the experience to help on the sideline. When Matt comes off the field and is looking for opinions, I think he's going to value a vet's ideas more than a rookie.

Quinn obviously values Rudock enough to spend a draft pick on him and keep him stashed on the practice squad. Way too soon to call that a wasted draft pick as some are.

Thank you..

Quinn confirmed mayhew was good. Resigned his guys

Last edited:
Now you're crying over what Quinn has done??? Wtf do you want him to do?? He's a first time GM trying to build a team the right way. And you have no clue what he's tried to do. We just see the guys that he acquires. Maybe he tried to blow all the money we had. That would make you feel better??? Stfu, man....you're a fucking baby that constantly whines like a chick. He picked up some nice pieces for the team so far. Quinn himself even told everyone that this is a work in progress. You blubbered about Mayhew from day 1. Now we get a young, fresh and hungry GM and you still moan. Slow the hell down..lol.

Once again tony proves he can write hundreds of words without answering a fucking question. Dude must of been awesome at school.

I thought quin was off to a great start with a decent draft and off season which focused on oline and dline depth. Atleast it looked like the resemblance of a plan. Then he cut most of his dline and oline depth. Which got me thinking. ..how the hell do we lose a 20 mil wr and not get better at any phase of the game? We honestly haven't improved anywhere with the 20 mil.

Last edited:
Then cut most of his own lol. Brilliant strategy.

He had signed better.

Kerley, Walsh, ridley, Schwartz all cheap, one year deals

He found better or younger. It was brilliant, not just signing ONE player at each position

Bush, killebrew, Wilson. Another great example of overkill that works

Ridley had to prove some quickness. He didn't
Schwartz had to prove health. He didn't
Boldin over Kerley everytime

Once again tony proves he can write hundreds of words without answering a fucking question. Dude must of been awesome at school.

I thought quin was off to a great start with a decent draft and off season which focused on oline and dline depth. Atleast it looked like the resemblance of a plan. Then he cut most of his dline and oline depth. Which got me thinking. ..how the hell do we lose a 20 mil wr and not get better at any phase of the game? We honestly haven't improved anywhere with the 20 mil.

You're a complete utter fucking moron. Do you realize that?? Lol. Of course you don't get the plan. How can a fucking imbecile like you even think for yourself???
CJ retires.....in comes M. Jones and A. Boldin. Automatically 100% better than 2015
Re-signed Slay.....automatically makes them better
Had a solid draft ....improved on the DLine and OLine .....Decker is a true LT, no more Reiff out of postion. Reiff has stepped up his game. Competition at C and G now with guys like Glasgow and Dahl.
Brought in a slew of LBs to compete...
Drafted a RB in Washington that looks like he can contribute immediately.....they're better.

But why would you recognize that? You're too fucking stupid. You don't have a clue lol. You rip this team every single chance you get. You tell us nobody wants to come here but yet you bag on Quinn for not bringing in HOF'ers. You remind us that this is where coaches come to die but destroy our GM for not hiring the next Vince Lombardi. We, the normal people on this planet see players developing but you see trash. You're helpless.....a fucking loser.

Now, I answered your idiotic fucking question. Absorb it in that tiny little brain of yours, you pathetic excuse of a human being...

I don't mind what Quin has done, I wish Dan O was gone, that's my only gripe. We have no idea what this offense or defense will look like this year, so I really don't get why anybody is questioning moves that Quin has made.

You're a complete utter fucking moron. Do you realize that?? Lol. Of course you don't get the plan. How can a fucking imbecile like you even think for yourself???
CJ retires.....in comes M. Jones and A. Boldin. Automatically 100% better than 2015
Re-signed Slay.....automatically makes them better
Had a solid draft ....improved on the DLine and OLine .....Decker is a true LT, no more Reiff out of postion. Reiff has stepped up his game. Competition at C and G now with guys like Glasgow and Dahl.
Brought in a slew of LBs to compete...
Drafted a RB in Washington that looks like he can contribute immediately.....they're better.

But why would you recognize that? You're too fucking stupid. You don't have a clue lol. You rip this team every single chance you get. You tell us nobody wants to come here but yet you bag on Quinn for not bringing in HOF'ers. You remind us that this is where coaches come to die but destroy our GM for not hiring the next Vince Lombardi. We, the normal people on this planet see players developing but you see trash. You're helpless.....a fucking loser.

Now, I answered your idiotic fucking question. Absorb it in that tiny little brain of yours, you pathetic excuse of a human being...

This was sooo good we need to analyze the caveman in you in segments. Lets start!

"CJ retires.....in comes M. Jones and A. Boldin. Automatically 100% better than 2015"

This should battle LKP for quote of the year....and the year hasnt even started yet. Thats how fucking dumb you are and this statement is. We lost the 2nd best player in lions history....and were automatically better cause we signed marvin jones and a has been lmao. Wow...

"Re-signed Slay.....automatically makes them better"

This would rival your first statement as statement of the year....but im holding out hope for LKP this year. I think he makes a triumphant return and makes these quotes seem like they came from fucking einstein. Resigning Slay....sorry, but that makes them automatically the same....and thats only if he can pull off another year like last. right now hes a 1 year wonder. That actually happens at CB quite a bit....especially since there was a down year for offenses in our division last year.

We will be lucky if a rookie LT can play anything like Reiff has.

He cut quality oline and dline depth. Ola and Schwartz gone in favor of 2 rookie unprovens. Cut Wright and Reid for a couple guys no one has ever heard of. Dline and Oline depth is now a weakness on this team.

a Slew of LBs? Who? Who the fuck is worth mentioning amongst that group?

Drafted a 6th round RB. Hmmm....ok?

Thank you for answering my question. The question had to do with what the fuck did he do with the 20 mil from Calvin. You answered it by talking about a bunch of draft picks lol. Once again proving that cavemen do indeed still roam the earth. You belong in a lab....

Last edited:
He had signed better.

Kerley, Walsh, ridley, Schwartz all cheap, one year deals

He found better or younger. It was brilliant, not just signing ONE player at each position

Bush, killebrew, Wilson. Another great example of overkill that works

Basically proving my point....this was the majority of his offseason. And every single one of them are gone already lol. Which would mean it was basically a waste of an off season.

Marvin Jones is the only hopeful signing imo. Both safeties are band aids at best. Then throw in the depth on the lines he cut and i really dont see much improvement at any positional group.

Fucking Hughes dogging Tony for saying a position is better before the season starts yet calls bush a band aid at best before he ever plays a game. How can you not see that Quinn has brought in young talent that had out played these great "vet" depth guys you say we had. Now i get where you are coming from with your doom and gloom outlook 24/7 and it may looks bad to some cutting the guys he did because he had just signed them, BUT WTF you are bitching that young talent THAT HE BROUGHT IN is over preforming? Like wtf do you want him to do? Keep around a bunch of dudes who aren't as good or can't stay healthy just because they are vets? You rip tony and call him a caveman, yet you are about as blind as a bat. Quit bitching, sit back relax and watch some damn football.

Back