Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

4 Linebackers working out for Lions

kalinecountry

Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Boston Celtics
Also working out for #Lions:
LBs Joplo Bartu, James-Michael Johnson, Zaviar Gooden, Jamari Lattimore.

Zaviar Gooden and James-Michael Johnson have previously spent time on the Lions roster. Gooden was part of the 2016 90-man roster after signing with the team in the offseason, but was waived on cut day. Johnson spent just 10 days on the roster last year during a span in November.

The other two, Joplo Bartu has been in the league since 2013. He started 27 games in his first two years with the Falcons, amassing 167 tackles along the way. However, he was delegated to backup duties the next season and was waived in the middle of 2015. The Jaguars snagged him up, but he did not contribute much in the three game appearances he made in Jacksonville.

Jamari Lattimore is a five-year veteran who mostly played backup duty for the Packers throughout his career. In his four year in Green Bay, he totaled 85 tackles and two sacks. Since 2015, he?s jumped from the Jets to the Bills. Buffalo released him on September 4.

Bring in aj hawk. Just to pissed packer nation off lol. Heck he is only 32.

I thought Levy got his ovary fixed. TBH I'm surprised he lasted one game.

Michael Rothstein ESPN Staff Writer

"The Lions have waived LB Zaviar Gooden, who was promoted from the practice squad Sunday and played 27 of 54 snaps on Sunday. Kind of a surprise considering the Lions LB depth. But it could mean another LB is close to healthy."

Levy must have parachuted in from the Red Bull capsule in the ionosphere, meaning his hip is close to being ready.

Awesome we don't have to use our 8th string lb

Fucking injuries. Williams and levy hopefully

I'd like to finally see this Williams guy play. I don't remember seeing him during the Colts game, and I didn't watch the Titans game, which is the game I've seen most say he looked solid in.

Jimmy cant control if 3 get hurt for the same game. 5 is the proper amount on the roster. Which we had for titans but levy was hurt. So we had 4 and copeland. Then two got hurt. Terrible luck

Last edited:
Jimmy cant control if 3 get hurt for the same game. 5 is the proper amount on the roster. Which we had for titans but levy was hurt. So we had 4 and copeland. Then two got hurt. Terrible luck

I think we should give our 220 lb rookie safety a shot at one of the linebacker positions. What would it hurt? Can't be any worse, right? Gotta be better than these scrubs we've brought in that can't cover. Just a thought

Last edited:
Williams should be back. Levy may be back. Maybe Killebrew over Armbrister but you kind of don't want to mess up his development at safety. And now Tavon Wilson is hurt so Killebrew could actually play some safety.

Williams should be back. Levy may be back. Maybe Killebrew over Armbrister but you kind of don't want to mess up his development at safety. And now Tavon Wilson is hurt so Killebrew could actually play some safety.

I'm just ready to see this guy on the field, period. Maybe he'll provide a spark, which we need badly

Here is the thing with defense
10 points allowed first half vs colts
3 points allowed 3 quarters titans
3 points allowed second half packers

Its not all bad and doom and gloom. Get healthy and play well consistently

Packers and colts may be two best offenses lions play too

Here is the thing with defense
10 points allowed first half vs colts
3 points allowed 3 quarters titans
3 points allowed second half packers

Its not all bad and doom and gloom. Get healthy and play well consistently

Packers and colts may be two best offenses lions play too

Colts dismantled our defense in the second half after Luck warmed up after a year off. Mariota sucks for the most part and their offense can't score. The Packers took their foot off the gas with the game at hand. I look at this stuff a lot different than you do. I don't understand how you can sugarcoat everything, all it does is set yourself up for failure.

Back