Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

4 Linebackers working out for Lions

Lions use proper inside technique. Packers were grabbing sleeves and outside the shoulders. That plus Ansah not playing means no pass rush. 3-5 more proper holding calls and the Lions win the game.
Cobb 33 yarder, Nelson TD, Nelson OPI for 2nd TD.

Almost every TD drive there was holding or another penalty improperly not called. And when Ebron (wrong call) and Laken (right call on a TD) get dinged the week before, it makes it even worse. The calls that went against Detroit in the Titans game would never go against the Packers.

Last edited:
Yes, 13 more winnable games. As long as the other team doesn't cheat. Or the refs call it 100 percent in favor of the Lions. Or there's not a breeze in the opponent stadium. Or if the color rush jerseys don't cause the Lions players that deal with color blindness to tackle their own teammate. Or it doesn't rain, because some of the players can't deal with rain. Or if Stafford has the perfect pocket to throw in. Or if they don't deal with unfair injuries that only the Lions deal with.

Did I miss any?

It doesn't have to be 100% in favor of the Lions, quite the contrary. It has to be normal proper calls. i.e not 100% in favor of the Packers. Or 90% or whatever. I want 50/50, not 10/90 in the other teams favor. And again, most games I think it is 50/50. But I'm great at noticing the games it is not. Can't you tell. 6 of the 9 losses last year were true losses. 3 were ref influenced and that cost Detroit playoffs. Both this year just happen to be ref influenced. 17 penalties speaks for itself. The screenshots and gifs of Packers holding are right there for you to see.

http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2016/...akdown-fair-officiating-holding-lions-packers

Lions only have 2 more outdoor games. Will it rain on Sunday in Chicago?

Stafford does well with pressure. Doesn't need to be perfect pocket every time.

Last edited:
It doesn't have to be 100% in favor of the Lions, quite the contrary. It has to be normal proper calls. i.e not 100% in favor of the Packers. Or 90% or whatever. I want 50/50, not 10/90 in the other teams favor.

Lions only have 2 more outdoor games. Will it rain on Sunday in Chicago?

Stafford does well with pressure. Doesn't need to be perfect pocket every time.

Right now, the Bears might be the worst team in the NFL. 2nd string QB and RB.

Right now, the Bears might be the worst team in the NFL. 2nd string QB and RB.

Hoyer has outperformed Cutler IMO. 0 picks and 0 sacks
Howard is better than Langford. Howard is the equivalent of Dwayne Washington for us. Miller is solid. Royal and White have shown some signs of life.

The Bears defense is awful though. Detroit 31 Bears 21

Last edited:
Lions use proper inside technique. Packers were grabbing sleeves and outside the shoulders. That plus Ansah not playing means no pass rush. 3-5 more proper holding calls and the Lions win the game.
Cobb 33 yarder, Nelson TD, Nelson OPI for 2nd TD.

Almost every TD drive there was holding or another penalty improperly not called. And when Ebron (wrong call) and Laken (right call on a TD) get dinged the week before, it makes it even worse. The calls that went against Detroit in the Titans game would never go against the Packers.

You know when holding gets called? When you have playmekers that force the hold and makes it looks obvious. The Packers just had to sit back and catch us all day because we have no one with talent on the dline. That shit will never get called....ever.

Hoyer has outperformed Cutler IMO. 0 picks and 0 sacks
Howard is better than Langford. Howard is the equivalent of Dwayne Washington for us. Miller is solid. Royal and White have shown some signs of life.

The Bears defense is awful though. Detroit 31 Bears 21

Nope...bears with more significant injuries. True Loss already in the books! Lions 1-3!...might as well not even play the game.

You know when holding gets called? When you have playmekers that force the hold and makes it looks obvious. The Packers just had to sit back and catch us all day because we have no one with talent on the dline. That shit will never get called....ever.

Lions are loaded with talent on Dline. Ngata, Taylor, Hyder (4 sacks), Robinson. Rodgers had time because the Packers were holding. It was bullshit. Grabbing sleeves and outside the shoulders all day. Packers are cheats. Lions won that game. Any big play was made possible due to a hold by Green Bay

27 Lions 6 Packers. True score

Lmfao. That's complete utter bullshit and you know it. Where the fuck do you come up with this shit?! That's pure fucking gold!!!!

Lmfao. That's complete utter bullshit and you know it. Where the fuck do you come up with this shit?! That's pure fucking gold!!!!

Its true man. If you get zero penetration and the olineman just has to catch you. ...you rarely will get that called. Taylor was playing at like 50% and had zero burst. Sure they held. ...everyone does. Our guys weren't talented enough to make it noticeable or beat it.

They are talented. Packers just cheated so much it looked like they got no pressure

It's not flimsy. The game tape shows the Packers cheating. I didn't write that article.

http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2016/...akdown-fair-officiating-holding-lions-packers

Where did I deny that the Packers were using illegal techniques? I did not. I'm arguing the degree to which that impacted the outcome of the game. That is what is flimsy to me. That was my entire reasoning behind asking whether or not the Lions were protesting about this during the game. I was curious to learn more about this situation.

If it is such a big deal, wouldn't you think they would have put up a more noticeable fuss? Then you made up some nonsense about how "they did" without backing it up with any evidence. I was very interested to see that, but apparently you just were talking out of your butt on that one perhaps. Can't say that shocks me.

Where did I deny that the Packers were using illegal techniques? I did not. I'm arguing the degree to which that impacted the outcome of the game. That is what is flimsy to me. That was my entire reasoning behind asking whether or not the Lions were protesting about this during the game. I was curious to learn more about this situation.

If it is such a big deal, wouldn't you think they would have put up a more noticeable fuss? Then you made up some nonsense about how "they did" without backing it up with any evidence. I was very interested to see that, but apparently you just were talking out of your butt on that one perhaps. Can't say that shocks me.

Refs fuck up so much every week i doubt you'll ever see someone be a big enough bitch to complain about holding.

Refs fuck up so much every week i doubt you'll ever see someone be a big enough bitch to complain about holding.

If it's happening every single play as LKP is suggesting I would expect some sort of reaction. My whole point is that it's probably not as egregious as he's making it sound, since nobody seemed to give two shits on the Lions side of things.

The NFL has some secret standings at the league office called "true standings"

There are several 'true" Lombardi trophies with the Lions name on them there as well.

Back