Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Fire Caldwell

In 3 seasons Caldwell has a Winning record and 2 playoff appearances. Seems pretty legit given the circumstances and history of the Lions.

Changing the losing culture had to be a top priority, he's accomplished that. Winning playoff games is next!

The Lions blow and for the most part have sucked for near 60 years. Caldwell is shit.. One of the easiest schedules in the NFL, and they failed. Yay for mediocrity.

The Lions blow and for the most part have sucked for near 60 years. Caldwell is shit.. One of the easiest schedules in the NFL, and they failed. Yay for mediocrity.

Fail is going 0-16, fail is seeing your home fans w paper bags over their heads.

Success starts with Winning and reaching playoffs. Give him another year to build on the success and culture change he's brought to Detroit.

It's foolish we are even having this discussion.

With below average talent on the roster. Overachieved all season. 4-12 team based on talent. Injured throwing hand on our qb=season over.

Last edited:
Mitch, you know football. You out of all people should know changing a culture and becoming a playoff threat doesn't happen overnight. It's a process, one you got to let play out. We fire Caldwell and then what? start the process all over and call for another coaches head in 2yrs from now?

Do some real homework. Who was the last coach to have a Winning record for the Detroit Lions in 3 years?

Why are you using previous terrible coaches as the gold standard? Should be using successful coaches outside of the organization as the barometer.

You're satisfied with occasional playoff appearances because all you can think of is 0-16 and a playoff drought. I get it. It's sad, but I get it.

Changing a culture. Lol.

I can't count how many times in my 31 years of existence I've heard that expression about Lions football.

Bobby Ross made the playoffs with the Lions in 2 of his first 3 seasons. He quit in the middle of his 4th season. We can only hope the same for Caldwell.

lol

pathetic

So now it's pathetic to speak out and speak the truth? In a year that Detroit voted Trump you gonna say it's pathetic to speak out?

Did they or did they not miss a clear face mask penalty that put 7pts on the board for Seattle?
Did the TJ Jones ball look uncatchable to you?
wilsons clear block in the back in OPEN FIELD!
2 questionable personal foul calls.

Those are all momentum changing plays that all had an impact on the final score.

New GM last year, approximately 33mil in cap space, draf picks in every round and coming off a PLAYOFF loss. No reason to even discuss firing Caldwell.

Yeah, there is a big reason to discuss firing Caldwell, LKP. In the biggest stages, the dude has brought his team completely and 100 percent unprepared to play. For someone who preaches discipline, this team looked like they haven't played a game in their lives.

So now it's pathetic to speak out and speak the truth? In a year that Detroit voted Trump you gonna say it's pathetic to speak out?

Did they or did they not miss a clear face mask penalty that put 7pts on the board for Seattle?
Did the TJ Jones ball look uncatchable to you?
wilsons clear block in the back in OPEN FIELD!
2 questionable personal foul calls.

Those are all momentum changing plays that all had an impact on the final score.

Detroit voted Clinton, about 67% - 30%

Face mask call was bad but they could have scored on the next play.

TJ Jones ball did look uncatchable, but borderline. Hell, most of the balls appeared to be uncatchable, even the ones that hit Ebron in the hands!

Block in the back would have pushed them back about 10-15 yards. The Lions D wasn't stopping Seattle anyway.

Personal foul calls on Boldin were legit...he lost his cool.

Bottom line is Seattle dominated the Lions. The Lions couldn't do anything on offense and couldn't stop the running game on D.

Perrera already said that if they called the face mask, they'd call the PI. Those would have offset.

What happened to being disciplined ?
Jimmy C. Surely has to be held accountable for not having his team ready to play yesterday. Seahawks played their game and all lions took the bait. I guess we give the Two Jimmy's another year but this offense has to get better next season or both should be on the copping block. There was no imgination at all from Jim Bob yesterday on offense at all. We had such a easy schedule this year so we shall see with a harder schedule next season how we fair.
I like quinn and hopefully he can keepn improving the team but I am not sold on Caldwell at all. I hate Jim Bob's offense and why is it our coaches seem to get out coach in the second half of games week after week.There was just no fire from any Lions yesterday, and no amount of calls were turning that game around. .

Last edited:
I've never been a big fan of Caldwell, but it's fair to say the team has bigger problems (and continuity does help). We had the worst defense in the league on a per play basis. We had the worst rushing attack in the league. Firing Caldwell doesn't fix any of the bigger issues of talent. We need to nail the draft AND bring in a few quality free agents if we have any hope of sniffing the playoffs against s tougher schedule.

That said, its not clear what Caldwell supposedly brings to the table. Both years we went to playoffs were against a weak schedule. And both years we lost to every playoff team we faced. We've yet to see a Lions team under Caldwell play well enough to win a playoff game.

Detroit voted Clinton, about 67% - 30%

Face mask call was bad but they could have scored on the next play.

TJ Jones ball did look uncatchable, but borderline. Hell, most of the balls appeared to be uncatchable, even the ones that hit Ebron in the hands!

Block in the back would have pushed them back about 10-15 yards. The Lions D wasn't stopping Seattle anyway.

Personal foul calls on Boldin were legit...he lost his cool.

Bottom line is Seattle dominated the Lions. The Lions couldn't do anything on offense and couldn't stop the running game on D.

Trump won Michigan btw...

Back