Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Interesting...Tulloch at WLB

mhughes0021

Stephen Tulloch - LB - Lions Stephen Tulloch took the field for the first time as a Lion Thursday, running as the first-team weak-side linebacker.
Justin Durant is on the strong side, and the middle linebacker spot still appears to be DeAndre Levy's. Tulloch has never played the weak side in his life, so this lineup grouping was not expected. It's possible Tulloch and Levy change places later on, but for now Levy is the linebacker to target in IDP leagues. Related: DeAndre Levy, Justin Durant

ya and with it being his first time on the field....im sure they want someone in the middle that can speak the language. Hopefully once he learns the D they will make the move.

Yeah I was sure Tulloch would be middle. Hope it works out. I thought Levy would move outside. Good to know we have good depth at MLB if Levy goes down. Tulloch moves over. No more Landon Johnson or Spence Havner. Ashlee Palmer ,Carpenter and Hogue at OLB is pretty good depth.

I wouldnt take it too seriously. If thats how they line up during preseason games, I would be surprised. Interesting though.

I'd expect to see Tulloch pick up the scheme pretty quickly as he's familiar with Schwartz's defense. Should be interesting to keep an eye on that and see how it develops.

the Lions don't designate SSLB and WLB , Schwartz has said this many many times....the LB crew has to be able to play all 3 spots , I fuly expect Tulloch and Levy as the nickel crew , so Tulloch is going to have to get used to covering.

Yeah Tulloch will stay on the Right side at all times if they keep Levy in the middle. And nickel should be Tulloch/Levy I agree. Durant is athletic but for some reason he sucks in coverage. I really like these LBs in run D. Tulloch and Durant can shed blocks and get some tackles. All 3 LBs being solid tacklers at least I haven't seen that in awhile in Detroit.

As its been mentioned they don't really have a WLB. A MLB and guys that play on the outside.

They still line up as Strong and Weak but the responsibilities can switch if the O goes in motion and flips the strength. Most teams with a true weak and strong will follow the motion, ours don't.

Im not to worried about where they line up right now they have time to figure out where each person is strongest. That being said I also think Tulloch is best suited for the middle. I just cant wait to see them all playing along side each other.

motown1958 said:
Im not to worried about where they line up right now they have time to figure out where each person is strongest. That being said I also think Tulloch is best suited for the middle. I just cant wait to see them all playing along side each other.

+1

The MLB has to make all the playcalls, read all the signals. I know he was in a Schwartz D before but you don't give a guy that responsibility day 1. Tulloch will be moved inside.

Back