Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Injuries only matter if it's another team, right?

Tonyballs2

Why does nobody take in effect the injuries the Lions endure? Valenti and the boys are saying the NFC North should be ours now with injuries to Cook and especially Rodgers. Why? We lost arguably our best OLineman for half the yr. Doesn't matter, right? Lol. Our OLine is decimated and almost beyond repair at this point. We lost our best LB for a couple games. Who cares?! No excuses!! Golladay has been shelved for weeks now. Probably our best deep threat on the team. Shouldn't matter..we don't want to hear it lol. Ansah is obviously banged up, our best WR is gone for a few weeks now and the Captain of our D is hurt too!!!

Long story short. Why the fuck do injuries only count against other teams??? Our Lions are decimated and it's getting worse!!!

Why does nobody take in effect the injuries the Lions endure? Valenti and the boys are saying the NFC North should be ours now with injuries to Cook and especially Rodgers. Why? We lost arguably our best OLineman for half the yr. Doesn't matter, right? Lol. Our OLine is decimated and almost beyond repair at this point. We lost our best LB for a couple games. Who cares?! No excuses!! Golladay has been shelved for weeks now. Probably our best deep threat on the team. Shouldn't matter..we don't want to hear it lol. Ansah is obviously banged up, our best WR is gone for a few weeks now and the Captain of our D is hurt too!!!

Long story short. Why the fuck do injuries only count against other teams??? Our Lions are decimated and it's getting worse!!!

Who would you rather lose, some offensive lineman or Stafford? Honestly question. They lost AR, that's bigger than our OL. Much bigger.

Who would you rather lose, some offensive lineman or Stafford? Honestly question. They lost AR, that's bigger than our OL. Much bigger.

Losing Rodgers is devastating. I know this but comparing it is pointless. The Lions losing Decker is humongous. You don't replace that. Just like you don't replace Rodgers. So NO, it's not much bigger. It's devastating for both teams.
And calling players like Decker or Lang "just another OLineman" is ridiculous btw...lol.

Last edited:
I think GB still wins the north. Hundley is going to give opposing teams troubles once he gets comfortable in there, imo.

Losing Rodgers is devastating. I know this but comparing it is pointless. The Lions losing Decker is humongous. You don't replace that. Just like you don't replace Rodgers. So NO, it's not much bigger. It's devastating for both teams.
And calling players like Decker or Lang "just another OLineman" is ridiculous btw...lol.

I've seen you say through the years if we had to go to a backup we don't win again.. AR is probably the best out there.. Decker isn't close. It's not like the Packers have had great OL during his career. Sure Decker protects the QB but if the QB isn't there there is no one to protect..

I think GB still wins the north. Hundley is going to give opposing teams troubles once he gets comfortable in there, imo.

I don't know. He looked like a deer in headlights out there. Hopefully it continues lol.

I've seen you say through the years if we had to go to a backup we don't win again.. AR is probably the best out there.. Decker isn't close. It's not like the Packers have had great OL during his career. Sure Decker protects the QB but if the QB isn't there there is no one to protect..

All i'm saying is that it's not as easy as everyone thinks to win the North now. We're losing "key players" at an alarming rate. Now Tate is going to miss 2-3 games, Decker 8 games, Davis 2 games, Golladay 2-3 games and add Lang to the list. It's devaststing...

Tony, I think the answer has something to do with the fact that this team just hasn't done anything in our lives up to this point. Every team deals with injuries, big and small, players banged up, etc... I know it is an unfair comparison, but NE can trot out guys you've never heard of and they flow right into the system. I expect Hundley to be a pretty productive player for GB because they have such a great system.

The Lions do not have the pieces to withstand injuries. And I think our patience as a fan base is thin, or non-existent.

It's a myth they all even out

It goes game by game and typically almost ever game some team has an injury advantage. Home field advantage is a thing so is injury advantage

Rodgers is a big one but the lions have several big ones. And we don't play the packers every game. We play healthier teams, like the saints for instance

And by the way Stafford is dealing with ankle, thigh and now rib injury. Limited mobility hurts a qb. Injury caused the lions to go shotgun. Which hurts the run game too on top of oline injuries and backup oline injuries. Decker, Lang, Wagner, Robinson, dahl , c Robinson and kerin. It wasn't one guy to plug. Yes that works. Waiver wire pickups is a different story. Though Lelito did ok. Cleary did not

Stafford injury was ignored by you all last year. Flat out ignored.

I agree with nevin Lawson. I don't give a damn about Rodgers. Fuck Aaron Rodgers. Direct quote from Lawson

And Rodgers better not be fucking coming back for another miracle

Last edited:
I don't think the Packers have yet to have their starting oline fully together. They have had DBs and LBs injured.

But Rodgers is the biggest Injury in the NFL. If you can't see that I don't know what to tell you.

Players are not equal. That's why certain players are paid more and have more expectations.

Right now Case Keenum is the highest rated QB in the North that will play next week. He's probably not even the Vikings long term starter. If that doesn't tell you the division should be won by the Lions I don't know what is.

QB is the most important position. When you have the highest paid player in history as your QB. The other teams have...nothing.

The Starters of the bears and Packers have thrown for less than 400 yards for their Career combined. Nobody knows the starter of the Vikings, after week 6.

Yea Lions should be expected to win. Complete embarrassment if they don't.

Last edited:
I expect Hundley to be a pretty productive player for GB because they have such a great system.

I disagree...GB doesn't have a great system...they had a great QB. Their offense is going to suck and the defense wasn't good to start with. I will be VERY surprised if they finish 8-8 without AR

2-5-1 last time without. Lucky 8 wins won division. It will take 10 this time and lions should get that as they get healthy. Vikings the threat with that d

Last edited:
Lions corner Nevin Lawson, when asked about the loss of Aaron Rodgers in Green Bay:

"We just played a game. I ain't worried about no damn Aaron Rodgers. (Expletive) Aaron Rodgers."

Feels like just taking the end of.the quote misrepresented it a bit. He was asked a dumb question.

I don't think the Packers have yet to have their starting oline fully together. They have had DBs and LBs injured.

But Rodgers is the biggest Injury in the NFL. If you can't see that I don't know what to tell you.

Players are not equal. That's why certain players are paid more and have more expectations.

Right now Case Keenum is the highest rated QB in the North that will play next week. He's probably not even the Vikings long term starter. If that doesn't tell you the division should be won by the Lions I don't know what is.

QB is the most important position. When you have the highest paid player in history as your QB. The other teams have...nothing.

The Starters of the bears and Packers have thrown for less than 400 yards for their Career combined. Nobody knows the starter of the Vikings, after week 6.

Yea Lions should be expected to win. Complete embarrassment if they don't.

I agree with everything right up until the last sentence. It would not be a complete embarrassment if we don't win it. We are a disaster of a team right now. We're playing 2-3 backup lineman a game. We can't run or pass block. Our LB corp is an embarrassment. Our WR's are helpless against man coverage even against average DB's. Our OC sucks....our coach is a pussy and our QB is under performing.

Listen, a good % of Staffords issues are self inflicted. His accuracy has been below average the last 2-3 weeks. But he is getting pounded.....he has the biggest fuckin pussy of an OC in football.....no running game.....and WR's that create no space. The one WR we have that can get himself open from time to time, Tate, is going to miss time. Teams just crowd the line because we have no deep threat. Our first round TE can't catch and is our 5th or 6th option.....and honestly.....should be cut.

Guys can bag on Matt all you want.....but there a reasons we are an average team.....and to me, #9 is a ways down that list. Yes, he plays QB. Yes, he needs to play better. So does Lang, Wagner, Glasgow, Jones, Tate, Jones, Ebron, Ansah, A'Shawn, Warrilow, JRM, Lawson, Wilson and most importantly.........JBC and Caldwell. If Jim Bob and Jimmy C don't find ways to put guys in better positions to win.......we won't. And it won't matter who is playing QB in GB or Minn.

Last edited:
totally agree booger. But if he wants to be in the "elite" conversation he needs to overcome some of that....not just pile up the excuses. The "elite" throws are few and far between. Arod probably adds 6 wins to the packers....i really can't tell you how many Stafford adds cause there's multiple weeks a season i feel he hurts more than he helps.

Yes the Oline and WRs need to improve. Yes a run game will help. yes the dline blows. But if you need a great Oline, wr corps, run game and defense in order to perform than you may as well start Ruddock cause I'm pretty sure any qb could be successful under those circumstances.

totally agree booger. But if he wants to be in the "elite" conversation he needs to overcome some of that....not just pile up the excuses. The "elite" throws are few and far between. Arod probably adds 6 wins to the packers....i really can't tell you how many Stafford adds cause there's multiple weeks a season i feel he hurts more than he helps.

Yes the Oline and WRs need to improve. Yes a run game will help. yes the dline blows. But if you need a great Oline, wr corps, run game and defense in order to perform than you may as well start Ruddock cause I'm pretty sure any qb could be successful under those circumstances.

First of all I would like to state that if you expect Matt to be Aaron Rodgers then you?re always going to be disappointed. It?s just simply not him, and 99% of the league is not him. Do I like the way he has played? Not really. I truly believe most of those tipped passes was because the saints knew he was injured and going to get the ball and basically not move much from where he received the snap so they could easily play the passing lanes with knocking the ball down.

It seems to me that defenses are daring the lions to throw the ball downfield. They are pressing Marvin and taking away Theo and golden around the los. The problem is the lions still don?t have any receivers who are downfield threats so what is the answer to this problem? Even the great Aaron Rodgers still needs receivers to be extremely effective. I remember in 2015 everyone thought he was broken because his line played terribly and jordy went down. (If you look at his stats that year he still threw 31 touchdowns and 8 interceptions which is actually similar to Matt?s pace though as well 32 and 12. I think every quarterback in the league needs help and it has been proven time and again. The lions have just been terrible in actually succeeding with helping Matt. They constantly surround him with piss poor running game and incomplete receiving crew. Quinn has to step up and do better. Golladay could be an answer for downfield shots, but we need more depth in that area. You can?t just rely on one guy.

Here?s a question I want you to think about really hard. Name me the top 10 quarterbacks in the league and tell me if they have more or less talent around them on offense than Matt Stafford.

I?ll be waiting.

Back