Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

who's your top 5, bottom 5 teams in the nfl?

dmoney1980

let's stick with the mid-season awards theme of today.....

bottom 5:

(32) indianapolis colts (0-8) who knew that peyton manning made SUCH a fucking difference....

(31) miami dolphins (0-7) being devoid of talent mostly on defense, seems to do these sorts of things to your overall record.

(30) arizona cardinals (1-6) shame on this club's offensive line for failing kevin kolb and the entire team as a whole.....

(29) denver broncos (2-5) man does tebow suck......(not having any sort of talent around him , either offensive nor defensive, sure doesn't help his cause)

(28) st. louis rams (1-6) yes, the rams defeated the saints at home, but still having no sam bradford only means bad times for this team.

top 5:

(1) green bay packers (7-0) as much as i HATE to admit this, they're undefeated for fucks sake.....

(2) pittsburgh steelers (6-2) huge win against the rival patriots (albeit at home) sure does strengthen team morality.

(3) detroit lions (6-2) so what if i'm a homer, this team is ONLY 2 very close losses away from being 8 and fucking 0.......(although in a parallel universe i would put san francisco in this spot for their ability to run the ball and stuff the run)

(4) san francisco 49ers (6-1) look to the above slot for explanation ^^^

(5) baltimore ravens (5-2) sure, they've only defeated 2 good teams to this point (pittsburgh and new york) you can only play the games on your schedule. (i guess you can state this same reason for the patriots and the saints)

Same, i'd put us ahead of SF too...can't see Alex Smith winning a playoff game no matter how well they run the ball.

The Dolphins are awful, but it's because of their offense, not their defense.

lgolfer said:
The Dolphins are awful, but it's because of their offense, not their defense.

have you watched that dolphin defense? earlier in the season, they were THE MAIN REASON miami has gotten off to such a terrible start...... their offense has just seemingly caught up to their theme of overall suckiness.

I dunno..I think SF can win a playoff game..they have a very good defense and can run the ball. They remind me a lot of the Jets.

If Sanchez can win a playoff game, Alex Smith sure as hell can too...he just needs to be a game manager.

Right now I would put GB #1, Pitt #2, SF #3, DET #4, and NE #5.

1. GB
2. NE
3. Pitt
4. NO
5. Philly

32. Indy
31. Miami
30. Stl
29. Den
28. AZ

tsmith7559 said:
1. GB
2. NE
3. Pitt
4. NO
5. Philly

32. Indy
31. Miami
30. Stl
29. Den
28. AZ

No way on a team with a 3-4 record who has wins against The Rams, Skins and Cowgirls.And NO has no business being top 5 of anything after the butt whooping they took against a win less team. And NE got its ass handed to them by Pitt and you have them 2 and Pitt 3. No offense but that's a bad list.

1. GB
2. Pittsburgh
3. SF
4. NE
5. Baltimore

28. Arizona
29. St. Louis
30. Denver
31. Indianapolis
32. Miami

1. GB
2. Pittsburgh
3. SF
4. NE
5. Baltimore

28.Rams
29.Seahawks
30.Cardinals
31.Dolphins
32.Colts

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
tsmith7559 said:
1. GB
2. NE
3. Pitt
4. NO
5. Philly

32. Indy
31. Miami
30. Stl
29. Den
28. AZ

No way on a team with a 3-4 record who has wins against The Rams, Skins and Cowgirls.And NO has no business being top 5 of anything after the butt whooping they took against a win less team. And NE got its ass handed to them by Pitt and you have them 2 and Pitt 3. No offense but that's a bad list.

I'll take Philly on a neutral field against anyone except my top 4

Of course you do. Because they beat the Rams, Skins, lol and an overrated Cowboys team. Get a better gauge when they play NYG and NE at end of November. But right now, hardly.

SLICK said:
1. GB
2. Pittsburgh
3. SF
4. NE
5. Baltimore

28.Rams
29.Seahawks
30.Cardinals
31.Dolphins
32.Colts

Any reason you listed your top five by city and bottom five by team name? Not that it matters, just thought it was funny...

1 GB
2 Pittsburgh
3 SF
4 Baltimore
5 NE

28 Arizona
29 Seattle
30 Denver
31 Miami
32 Colts

I think Buffalo could be up there. They've beat Philly and NE. Close with Cinci and NYG. Tough schedule.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]I think Buffalo could be up there. They've beat Philly and NE. Close with Cinci and NYG. Tough schedule.

Agreed, I think a lot of this is being based on previous years of football. If all teams were 1st year squads with no history people would say Buffalo is better.

I think if right now New England is better by default. If it was a different name on the front of those jerseys like say St. Louis then people would give Buffalo the nod.

austindayeisaboss said:
yea New England has to be in the top 5

i did consider placing the patriots within my top 5, but i just don't like their defense.....

1 GB
2 Pitt
3 NE
4 NO
5 BUF

28 SEA
29 STL
30 MIA
31 IND
32 DEN

Bal's offense has fell off the face of the planet....i cant put them in the top 5 but they may take a spot if they have a good showing vs PIT. Im not sold on SF...great defense but Alex Smith will lose them games this year.

Den goes straight to the bottom until they get rid of tebow as the starting QB.

mhughes0021 said:
1 GB
2 Pitt
3 NE
4 NO
5 BUF

28 SEA
29 STL
30 MIA
31 IND
32 DEN

Bal's offense has fell off the face of the planet....i cant put them in the top 5 but they may take a spot if they have a good showing vs PIT. Im not sold on SF...great defense but Alex Smith will lose them games this year.

Den goes straight to the bottom until they get rid of tebow as the starting QB.

Yet you put NO at 4. 5-3 and a horrible loss to St. Louis.

Back