Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Sapp

Sapp is a retard. I can't stand the NFL network. They just get a bunch of black ex football players that THINK they know what the hell they're talking about. I'll watch ESPN, thanks

Don't limit it to just the black ones pipe Heath Evans and Warner have there moments as well.

imthetruth said:
Sapp is a retard. I can't stand the NFL network. They just get a bunch of black ex football players that THINK they know what the hell they're talking about. I'll watch ESPN, thanks

dudes a Hall Of Famer and one of the best ever at the position....don't lump Sapp in with a few others on there who don't know what they're talking about...he's been there , done it all.

although here like Bomber says this one statement is a tad hypocritical.

SLICK said:
imthetruth said:

dudes a Hall Of Famer and one of the best ever at the position....don't lump Sapp in with a few others on there who don't know what they're talking about...he's been there , done it all.

matt millen was also a hof'er

dtroitlionsfan951 said:
SLICK said:

Being a player and a GM are two different worlds

dtroitlionsfan951 said:
SLICK said:

you;re fucking joking right ?? you're not that stupid are you ?

Matt Millen was NOWHERE near a HOF player...the guy made 1 fucking Pro Bowl in his career.

ya he has rings...but he got lucky to be on the right teams at the right time. He wasnt even on the active roster for Superbowl XXVI

Matt Millen a HoFer...thats fucking GOLD.

SLICK said:
dtroitlionsfan951 said:

Matt Millen was NOWHERE near a HOF player...the guy made 1 fucking Pro Bowl in his career.

ya he has rings...but he got lucky to be on the right teams at the right time. He wasnt even on the active roster for Superbowl XXVI

hahahaha..i meant he won super bowls not hall of fame..dunno where my brain was at...good catch on that one hahaha...but anyways my point is...alot of these guys "think" they know what they are talking about..hall of famer or not alot of them are stupid...everyone thought for sure gerald mccoy was going to make more of an impact that suh right away..sapp included..

dtroitlionsfan951 said:
SLICK said:

hahahaha..i meant he won super bowls not hall of fame..dunno where my brain was at...good catch on that one hahaha...but anyways my point is...alot of these guys "think" they know what they are talking about..hall of famer or not alot of them are stupid...everyone thought for sure gerald mccoy was going to make more of an impact that suh right away..sapp included..

So what...McCoy had immense talent coming out , got hurt...and he is a totally different schme then Suh who is just basically unleashed to rush the QB.

just my opinion but I enjoy listening to Sapp , Faulk and even Prime Time speak about the game...3 true hall of famers.

sure they bellow out bullshit but those 3 dudes know the game.

SLICK said:
dtroitlionsfan951 said:

So what...McCoy had immense talent coming out , got hurt...and he is a totally different schme then Suh who is just basically unleashed to rush the QB.

just my opinion but I enjoy listening to Sapp , Faulk and even Prime Time speak about the game...3 true hall of famers.

the only time i really hate sapp is when they have him and jamie dukes together...they can get real dumb....and i agree on prime time and faulk.. i like both of them

dtroitlionsfan951 said:
SLICK said:

the only time i really hate sapp is when they have him and jamie dukes together...they can get real dumb....and i agree on prime time and faulk.. i like both of them

Sapp bugs me when he gives that dumb look he gives all the time the double take thing he does.

I like it when he just talks football and defense....

I like Sapp...great player, but this sounds like a guy who is pissed that another DT came into the league, took it by storm and is now a house hold name. Sapp sounds like a guy who is worried Suh may trump his legacy and push his name further from the top of the list.

manchild98 said:
I like Sapp...great player, but this sounds like a guy who is pissed that another DT came into the league, took it by storm and is now a house hold name. Sapp sounds like a guy who is worried Suh may trump his legacy and push his name further from the top of the list.

bah....Suhs rookie year blew anything Sapp ever did out of the water...sure he had the 16,5 sack year , but Suhs year last year was mind blowing.

Warren just likes to talk shit , and with these guys it's all ego...Sapp would never admit to being anything less then the best ever at his position.

[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]http://www.danpatrick.com/2011/11/03/warren-sapp-comments-on-ndamukong-suh-controversy/
This is a podcast of what Sapp said on the Dan Patrick show.
about 8 minutes.

the comment about Ryan "torching" the Lions was kinda funny.

I mean he really completed the 1 big pas to Harry Douglass after he got hurt , and that was on a BLOWN coverage.

1TD 2 INT and a 61 QBR if thats torched for Warren he mus not watch a whole lot of Aaron Rodgers games.

like I said...knowedgable about the postion he played and what goes on around it...but talks alot of shit just to talk and hear himself sometimes.

thanks for the podkast KC.

SLICK said:
[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]http://www.danpatrick.com/2011/11/03/warren-sapp-comments-on-ndamukong-suh-controversy/
This is a podcast of what Sapp said on the Dan Patrick show.
about 8 minutes.

the comment about Ryan "torching" the Lions was kinda funny.

I mean he really completed the 1 big pas to Harry Douglass after he got hurt , and that was on a BLOWN coverage.

1TD 2 INT and a 61 QBR if thats torched for Warren he mus not watch a whole lot of Aaron Rodgers games.

like I said...knowedgable about the postion he played and what goes on around it...but talks alot of shit just to talk and hear himself sometimes.

thanks for the podkast KC.

You're welcome Slick, and everyone else.

In football as well as baseball and basketball, some of these announcers and the ex-players that do color or pregame, in game, halftimes, comments are good, others are irritating and act out for the camera.
I enjoy the the talk from the good ones and take the others with a grain of salt.

Sapp is fun to watch I think when he's talking defense. He is undoubtably on the short list for DT's in NFL History. He's got a Super Bowl Ring.

But that dude talked more shit than anybody else in the NFL during the time he played. He was constantly yucking it up. And not just with the players - he talked shit to the coaches too.

For him to come out and tell Suh (or anybody) to shut up... Just sayin

Deion is by far my favorite to watch on that Network. He's entertaining, and was the best player to ever play his position.

It's my favorite channel to watch all year round, but dude was just flat out in the wrong on this one.

Sapp is one of the last people who should be advocating common sense or keeping your yap shut, but whatever, he has a somewhat valid point. I wish I heard less from Suh and just let his play do the talking, but the B.S. fines and constant media hype make it tough for him not to talk. The NFL and the media clearly likes us being the new villains, and that's good because it means we are relevant again.

Also, the fact that Sapp and Carter have singled out Suh and CJ kinda shows you how much ego is present with athletes. They see these guys as threats to their legacy as some of the best ever, and they will try to diminish them in some way whenever possible. It's rare to find a former star say that someone is as good or better than they were. You see it all the time with guys like those two, Keyshawn Johnson, Michael Irvin, Strahan, and all the other retired players turned "analyst".

Sapp can talk trash if someone takes him to a speech therapist. Otherwise its just nonsense.

Let Suh be Suh. Sapp needs to keep his gums tight. He's one to talk about players running their mouths. He was yip-yapping his whole fn career and he STILL hasn't stopped.

Back