Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Should the Lions draft Trent Richardson?

tigers99888

Just curious.. I still think Offensive Line, but he's looking like a beast atm..

It has to be OL. A good OL makes a decent back good.

I totally agree, if Lashoure blew out his knee I wouldn't even make this thread, but he had a major achilles injury and he could be done already..

What good is another first round RB when the O-line can't run block for shit.

Did you see the article about him only being allowed to bench 475lbs by the trainers? He said he could easily do more, but they won't let him try. Good Lord! The kid is a monster.

He probably won't be on the board when we pick, but I wouldn't have an issue with use drafting him if he was. I'd like some linemen, but I'm on board for BPA.

kingofdetroit57 said:
He probably won't be on the board when we pick, but I wouldn't have an issue with use drafting him if he was. I'd like some linemen, but I'm on board for BPA.
RB's stock are plummeting faster than the Dow right now.. He could very well fall to the bottom of the first...

Too many running backs in the NFL putting up numbers were low round draft picks or UFA. Jones, Smith, Best, LeShoure -- I'm getting tired of using high draft picks on a RB.

Even If its a QB or WR or P? BPA worked when we had no roster to speak of but now its time, IMO, to select on need. OL. And then maybe OL and then maybe CB.

Even when the team is good, the draft talk is still early

1st time in a decade I'm not thinking about the draft at this point of the season....not at all!!!!!!!!!!!!

mojo said:
what would the patriots do

They would take a late round flyer on Stevan Ridley, who has the same size and speed of LeShoure. You can find a big back in the 4th or 5th round who can be effective. Ridley has 28 carries this season for 180 yards.

yes, because being the 73rd pick in the draft is a late round flyer!<?

now that I think about it, we may as well call Leshoure a late round flyer because he went a whopping 16 picks before Ridley...

If Richardson is still on the board when we pick (hopefully mid 20s), there is a very good chance that he will be, by far, the best player available. Richardson has Adrian Peterson-level ability, and I cannot see how we pass on him for the 4th or 5th best tackle at that point. It's exactly like the Fairley pick. We in no way needed another DT that high, but he was too good to let someone else have him. Richardson would be the same if he fell that far in the first round.

That said, Richardson isn't going to be on the board. A lot of teams would love to get an elite workhorse RB, and many of them will be picking before we do.

Back