Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Should the Lions draft Trent Richardson?

tomdalton22 said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]

Then explain to us all how we're going to get a LT G or C? You won't get one through trade or FA and if not 1st round round, when? 3rd round, 5th round? I get your point on another Goz but we have to draft one eventually. Unless you want to wait for 3 win season and grab one high.

With a very high priced QB the Lions may need to go the FA route while developing draft picks.

Who gives them up, you get the Leonard Davis's of the world. You still have to draft them though.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
tomdalton22 said:
With a very high priced QB the Lions may need to go the FA route while developing draft picks.

Who gives them up, you get the Leonard Davis's of the world. You still have to draft them though.

Right, I meant you may need to go the FA route while developing FA. What they have now isn't going to cut it and it usually takes a lot of time to develop a good OL.

Well I think as a unit it might take a while but at one position some guys come in and just get the job done. Nonetheless, no OL in recent drafts hurt. I expect we get a RG in round one. You can get a good one at that spot.

what if it is determined that Best may not be able to play again? Do you still draft O....say at 18 or do you go with Richardson who is a top 10 talent at 18?

Running behind this online? No. IMO, you can grab a nice runnigback in the later rounds.

Depends on how good the best available lineman is. If you don't feel there is a high talent NFL lineman in the 1st round you can't just take him over someone you think will be an all pro player. Makes no sense. If there isn't a stand out lineman you like you gotta go another direction. Detroit will evaluate that come draft time.

Then draft a DE or CB. Not like we can't use those either. But not RB.

Well either way. But I don't see Bosch here for long. Eventually you'll need a replacement.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
everyoneneedsasmil said:
And what if we keep picking guys like Goz in the late first because it is a need? Goz can't even begin to play LT, and really isn't good at RT either. Need can bite you just as badly (and perhaps worse because the margin for error is less) as BPA. The fact is, Richardson is being talked about like McFadden and Peterson were going into the draft. Both of those guys are true feature backs now.

If Richardson is still there when we pick, we'll take him because he will be better than anyone else we could pick. But, like everyone else said, he won't actually be there. I am all for going O-line next year in the draft, but I don't want the team to pass on elite talents to do it.

Then explain to us all how we're going to get a LT G or C? You won't get one through trade or FA and if not 1st round round, when? 3rd round, 5th round? I get your point on another Goz but we have to draft one eventually. Unless you want to wait for 3 win season and grab one high.
you talk about late 1st round tackles and you bring up goz? Everyone knew he wasnt a first round tackle. Theres plenty of examples of tackles that have been successful and were picked where we will be picking or later. Goz was one of the worst examples you could have used. Go oline...

mhughes0021 said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]

you talk about late 1st round tackles and you bring up goz? Everyone knew he wasnt a first round tackle. Theres plenty of examples of tackles that have been successful and were picked where we will be picking or later. Goz was one of the worst examples you could have used. Go oline...

Follow the discussion before you criticize. Someone else brought it up and I was responding to his Goz argument.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Well either way. But I don't see Bosch here for long. Eventually you'll need a replacement.

I believe LoJack will take over for KVB and do well. Sure played well while KVB was out last year!

Then they would need depth. But sooner rather than later, I think they need a DE.

We all agree that our OLine is our biggest weakness. I am hoping to see two OLineman taken in the first two rounds next year honestly. I do not have a problem with them taking more of a developmental DE in next years draft. Depending what shakes out with our LBs we may need a LB before DE and possibly CB if Wright leaves next year. I just do not put the need of DE above some other areas. KVB has another good year probably and I expect them to use LoJack more and more to allow KVB to play when fresh and prolong his career a little bit. He will be more of a locker room presence and leader before long. I just feel like we already have the depth in place to not have to worry so much about DE early in next years draft.

id rather get a OL in the first round then we could even get edwin baker or leveon bell they are monsters too

Back