Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

aaron rodgers' greatness SICKENS me......

Why would I care? Just how many undefeated teams have won the superbowl?

Go ask tom brady if he would rather go 10-6 and win the sb, or go 17-1 again.

Maize&Cheese304 said:
I think detroit has a better chance. Our pass defense has sucked yards wise, but they've been getting TOs. And eli manning is well, eli manning.

I meant to say besides us, the NYG. Not that NYG have the only chance.

I was more afraid of SD than I am NYG.

I really wish mccarthy would stop letting off the gas pedal in games though. I think he doesn't want to run up the score on teams, but with this pass defense...teams have gotten back into games. Saints and Chargers both.

Bold Prediciton:

Lions Sweep The Packers...

Our team was built to pass and stop the pass... Our D is Rogers kryptonite.

okay......i'm over whatever that was yesterday. (and lets never speak of that 'thing' again.....) in all honesty this was meant to be a sort of joke thread......with a hint of truth splashed in between the lines. i will admit for the final time that rodgers is a great quarterback on an unspeakable run at this point of the season, that will be last time this comes from me.

as you all know the packers are our fucking enemies, almost a nemesis if you will......throughout the detroit lions 'illustrious' as they say history, losses to green bay at inopportune times has seemingly crippled this franchise for years to come, beginning with the infamous 'plum did dumb' play.......the 1962 packers team has been called one of the greatest (if not the greatest) teams in the history of the nfl......but there was ONE TEAM that they lost to in that regular season. in fact, the lions should have defeated them twice that year as they had the first game all but sewn up, but then as we all know 'dumb happened'.......if not for the insanely idiotic play by then lions quarterback milt plum, (who for your information threw an interception when the lions defense implored him to run the ball to kill the remaining clock) maybe we're talking about those detroit lions being considered one of the best teams ever.......

this packers loss did irreversible harm to our franchise from that point forward, along with the many others.......the 1993 wildcard loss AT HOME specifically, and the various losses throughout the nineties (mainly in green bay) and most of this decade.....sure, the recent lions teams have been downright despicable, losing to countless more teams other than just green bay......but these losses to the packers just seem to have affected me MORE THAN THE OTHERS......

i hate losing to green bay, i FUCKING HATE IT......and this cute little thing the leo's have started with getting beat down by them every fucking year (the only stoppage being last season) has got to stop......but in life, fortunately and unfortunately, cycles sometimes appear to repeat themselves....and this is why for the first time in A LONG WHILE, we now have a legitimate chance......

just as in 1962, this packers team has a shot of becoming one of the best ever, that is if they actually accomplish what they're attempting to do.... and also reminiscent of that year, there's only one squad i believe, you believe, the whole freakin' world believes possesses an appreciable shot to stop them.....you think packers fans don't ALSO SEE THIS? (including the ones upon this board) you don't think the thanksgiving game is the one contest this year they worry about, look at the schedule and fret about......maybe even live.... in fear.... about? i betcha the packers are EXTREMELY aware of this tilt, in fact i believe they've been getting themselves mentally prepared for it all season, with good reason.....because you know what? the detroit lions WILL BE READY, this whole city will be be fucking rabid, and we shall not be looking to see a football game this day......

what we all want to witness is a fight.....beginning with the unavoidable bloodletting of the green bay packers (ESPECIALLY aaron rodgers) and it shall end with their subsequent sacrifice to the football gods......in fact, we would PREFER that the packers remain unbeaten up to that point......it'll just make them much the more fun to PREY ON......we'll see their candyasses on turkey day, and i FUCKING PROMISE they'll not be leaving the same way they entered in......

Maize&Cheese304 said:
Did you have an orgasm why typeing this lol

and of course this thread takes a WEIRD turn.....(leave it to a packers fan, eh?)

Maize&Cheese304 said:
Is that a yes?

hmmmm, you seem to be particularly interested in this subject......(maybe a little TOO INTERESTED)

Who cares about the Packers... I don't... There defense is not that good...

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]Who cares about the Packers... I don't... There defense is not that good...

doesn't have to be when ypu put up 35+ every Sunday.

I'm not saying the pass defense hasn't been terrible, but when you're always playing catch up you're gonna have more passing yards.

Losing jenkins hurt more than I thought.

the run defense is stout though.....when teams have to shoot out with you every Sunday and can't run the ball on you....good things can happen...sacks , picks , 3 and outs.

Yeah they're 8th in yards rushing. But I'm pretty sure its because teams don't run the ball.

Can't exactly run the ball a lot when rodgers is playing like he is.

Back