Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Jahvid Best still doesn't know where he's at

tsmith7559

Jahvid Best (concussion) admitted that he had not been medically cleared as of Saturday.
Best said that the due to the bye week, he doesn't have a clear picture of when he might be cleared. The Lions will likely return to work later today, so perhaps we'll get an idea then of Best's status. It's been three weeks since he suffered his second concussion of the season.

The kid is toast. What a fn shame too. Oh well, Mayhew rolled the dice on this kid and he showed flashes of brilliance. Don't be shocked the Lions go RB early in the draft again next year. Or maybe a FA RB..........

tonyballs said:
The kid is toast. What a fn shame too. Oh well, Mayhew rolled the dice on this kid and he showed flashes of brilliance. Don't be shocked the Lions go RB early in the draft again next year. Or maybe a FA RB..........

That would fucking blow, especially if Leshoure doesn't recover from his injury. That'd be two fairly high picks wasted...Gotta look o-line in the early rounds for sure hate to see 'em go running back again high, might have to though...who's going to be available this offseason in free agency?

elrod said:
tonyballs said:

That would fucking blow, especially if Leshoure doesn't recover from his injury. That'd be two fairly high picks wasted...Gotta look o-line in the early rounds for sure hate to see 'em go running back again high, might have to though...who's going to be available this offseason in free agency?

Chris Johnson when Tennessee refuse to pay that stupid 8 million dollar poison pill 5days into the new league year.

And if they do...what kind of price tag? Him having a shitty year has to help bring it down a bit, no?

hahaha... When I read the thread title, I thought you meant he still literally did not know where he was...

Doctor: Jahvid, do you know where you are?
Best: October?

doinwork83 said:
hahaha... When I read the thread title, I thought you meant he still literally did not know where he was...

Doctor: Jahvid, now where are you?

Lol, I was thinking the same.

doinwork83 said:

Doctor: Jahvid, now where are you?

One more concussion incurred by Best this season or even the next, and that may become more fact than fiction.

I don't really know how you can blame anybody other than Linehan either for the bullshit Shotgun Draws up the gut they run way too often.

Yeah, he got hurt bouncing his head off the ground, but he got his ass drilled for 6 games before that happened.

Wanna run that play? Fine, run it a couple few times a game. I'd love to see the splits on how often that play gets actually dialed in. Seems like they never run him on a Trap, or a Stretch, or a Toss... just Shotgun/Pistol Draws and Dives up the Gut

Fucking shame

The Mad Bomber said:
I don't really know how you can blame anybody other than Linehan either for the bullshit Shotgun Draws up the gut they run way too often.

Yeah, he got hurt bouncing his head off the ground, but he got his ass drilled for 6 games before that happened.

Wanna run that play? Fine, run it a couple few times a game. I'd love to see the splits on how often that play gets actually dialed in. Seems like they never run him on a Trap, or a Stretch, or a Toss... just Shotgun/Pistol Draws and Dives up the Gut

Fucking shame

Linehans fault that Best is a concussion king? Fn priceless.....

The Mad Bomber said:

Fucking shame

This is a rather specious argument. Big hits are going to happen in football, period. You can't baby a RB by calling certain plays, no matter what he will be exposed to aggressive hits from defenders. It's laughable to suggest an OC could even tailor his playcalling so he can coddle a player like you suggest, it borders on lunacy honestly. The kid came in as damaged goods and it was only a matter of time. No fault of the Lions playcalls...

[/quote]it borders on lunacy honestly.[/quote]

I guess that's why he's the mad bomber.

Back