Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Jahvid Best likely out

baitnbat

Detroit Lions running back Jahvid Best is unlikely to play against the Chicago Bears on Sunday as he continues to recover from his most recent concussion, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

NFC North blog
ESPN.com's Kevin Seifert writes about all things NFC North in his division blog.

Really? Wow I have had 7 concussions of varying degrees within a 5-7 year span and never had problems like this.

Is this getting to the point where we look at taking another RB high in the draft? It depends on how Leshoure recovers but I'm never optimistic about a RB coming back from an Achilles injury. If we can get a workhorse back and have Best be our change up/3rd down/receiver I would be ecstatic. Of course this doesn't factor in our OL problems but it sounds good on paper and I love big backs that can grind out yards and first downs.

[color=#551A8B said:
Rich what? Richmond![/color]]Really? Wow I have had 7 concussions of varying degrees within a 5-7 year span and never had problems like this.

You never had to get hit by guys like Urlacher 35 times a game.

I've had what they consider as "severe" concussions twice. Where you are completely unconscious, and have to have your spine immobilized. After my second severe one I was told I could never play any contact sport or activity again.

[color=#551A8B said:
Rich what? Richmond![/color]]I've had what they consider as "severe" concussions twice. Where you are completely unconscious, and have to have your spine immobilized. After my second severe one I was told I could never play any contact sport or activity again.

CSB

[color=#551A8B said:
Rich what? Richmond![/color]]Actually been hit harder

You got hit harder than Urlacher AFTER a concussion? And over and over.

It wouldn't surprise me if Best doesn't finish out his rookie contract. IF he comes back (Big IF in my mind) once he gets another (and he will) that will be the last time he plays the game.

tomdalton22 said:
It wouldn't surprise me if Best doesn't finish out his rookie contract. IF he comes back (Big IF in my mind) once he gets another (and he will) that will be the last time he plays the game.

That'd be a bummer. Damn concussions. He was having a nice year to this point.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
tomdalton22 said:

That'd be a bummer. Damn concussions. He was having a nice year to this point.

Yes it will be....but that is the risk they took when they drafted him.

he didnt even get hit in his head.... he hit his head on the ground as he was being tackled by 2 guys...

tsmith7559 said:
I dont see him back until after the Thanksgiving game

I personally see the kid retiring. Just got that sick feeling.....

tonyballs said:
tsmith7559 said:

Honestly, I wouldn't blame him. The next concussion is just a matter of time and he's just putting himself at further risk for problems down the road. Look at how Jim McMahon is these days, a sad shell of himself with memory loss issues and depression. Or that guy who killed himself and requested his brain be researched. Just terrible what some players go through.

Once you get that first concussion they just start flowing.

tonyballs said:
tsmith7559 said:

I think he takes the rest of this year off to think it over. IMO....he comes back next year and gives it a go.....but the next one (if there is one) ends his career for good.

Too bad though....the Lions running back position is REALLY up in the air this off season. Will LeShoure come back? Will he be is old self? Will Best be back?? Can you count on him? Do you draft another RB? Make a trade? Go after a FA?

Thought it was a position of strength going into the preaseason.....now its as fucked up as the OL.

Back