Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Suh NFL's Dirtiest Player

Sucks that times have changed and all of these rules are limiting Suh from just being a dominant player. Instead he is a dominant player who draws a few flags and gets all of this negative media. 10 years ago most of these penalties would not be penalties. As a fan I have no problem embracing the dirty label and just talk about how bad ass he is. As a player that does not want the dirty player tag and just plays with a passion/aggression that is rare even in the NFL, I feel sorry for Suh that he has to deal with this. Just play the game!

michiganmania said:
Sucks that times have changed and all of these rules are limiting Suh from just being a dominant player. Instead he is a dominant player who draws a few flags and gets all of this negative media. 10 years ago most of these penalties would not be penalties. As a fan I have no problem embracing the dirty label and just talk about how bad ass he is. As a player that does not want the dirty player tag and just plays with a passion/aggression that is rare even in the NFL, I feel sorry for Suh that he has to deal with this. Just play the game!

dude he was dirty in college....lol , his ex team mates have said so many times....it's not some moniker he just got tagged with.

Is he dirty as in trying to do things to hurt people or dirty as in being a bully and pushing people after the play, giving a little extra after the whistle?

I have no respect for dirty guys who take out peoples knees, or twist ankles under the pile but I have no problem with "bullies" that get a 15 yarder once n awhile for tellin a guy your in my house bitch and jabbin him in his face mask after the whistle.

It's a shame these days that "dirty" and "mean" are nearly synonymous in the NFL.

Suh is as mean as they come, and he likes to deliver a ton of pain. But he's rarely "dirty".

I don't see him going all illegal to try and finish careers... he's just viscous. But in today's happier, squishier NFL.. if you play with a mean streak, you're dirty.

Well my question was a serious one and I figure Lions fans would know the answer..Does he do dirty things on the field or does he just play beyond the whistloe at times and give a little more than he should to be a bully.

Bully=ok, even if it's against the rules
Trying to hurt someone= not ok and garners no respect from me at all as a player or person.

Is he taking knees out, or poking at guys eyes? Is he stepping on hands? These thing are dirty to me.

inkfreq said:
It's a shame these days that "dirty" and "mean" are nearly synonymous in the NFL.

Suh is as mean as they come, and he likes to deliver a ton of pain. But he's rarely "dirty".

I don't see him going all illegal to try and finish careers... he's just viscous. But in today's happier, squishier NFL.. if you play with a mean streak, you're dirty.

dude you're not on the field..you don't have a clue what he does or doesn't do...you see only what the camera shows you.

2nd year in the League and alot of players say the guys dirty...he was dirty in colege also.

personally I like it..he's already in their heads before the ball leaves the tee....but don't make excuses for the guy because your a fan...it's a vote from his peers...not a vote from guys like us watching on TV.

All I know is that more than one guy has said that regardless of the "dirty" label, they would love being on the same team with him, and that's goddamn awesome.

Good

It's about time they have some "dirty" players, a team with attitude...the clean, "high character", Marinelli-type players have worked out so well for them the last decade or so right?

Back