Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

OT: Dash (old poster) and Mayweather...

sansumo

Mayweather, along with his production company and World Wrestling Entertainment Inc. are being sued by Anthony Dash, who accused the boxer of stealing a musical beat he created in 2005 for a song Mayweather used as he entered the ring at wrestling events in 2008 and 2009.

As part of the copyright infringement suit, Dash's lawyer tried to arrange a deposition with Mayweather. The boxer asked for a delay from a July date because he was training for a September fight. So the judge ordered the deposition to happen at the end of September.

Three days before the deposition was set to take place, Mayweather asked for another delay, saying he was recovering from injuries and that his doctor asked he not be put under too much stress until after he got the results of an MRI. After the boxer's lawyer assured him Mayweather was not partying, but resting and recuperating, Anderson delayed the deposition for another month, ordering Mayweather's lawyers to pay expenses Dash's lawyers incurred when the deposition was delayed.

A few days later, Dash's lawyers brought the judge video of Mayweather at the Echelon 3000 club outside Atlanta throwing money into a crowd and burning bills on the day the deposition was scheduled to take place. Anderson ruled Mayweather acted in bad faith by making his injuries sound worse than they were.

Normally, judges punish people who disobey orders with fines. But in his order, Anderson said that likely wouldn't work in this case.

"At the parties in question, Mayweather can be seen burning money, allegedly one-hundred dollar bills, while in another video he throws money into the crowd. Mayweather often advertises himself using the moniker 'Money Mayweather' and his production company is Philthy Rich Records. Suffice it to say that Mayweather has substantial personal wealth," Anderson wrote.

A phone message and email left for Mark Tratos, the lawyer who asked for the delays for Mayweather, were not returned Tuesday morning.

You mean there's more than one person with the name Dash?

I remember him talking about that on the ESPN board. I think it's the same guy.

I'm pretty sure his first name was Dash and his last name was DaGreat.
grin.png

i figured it was the same guy... he did talk about it on the old board.

I remember the thread on the old board and I thought even then he said it wasnt him.

Back