Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Hanson Could Be Out

lions2011

and the Bills signed Rayner....ouch maybe

Jason Hanson - K - Lions

Lions K Jason Hanson's Week 10 status is up in the air after his knee required stitches.
The Lions worked out two kickers Wednesday, so Hanson is far from a slam dunk to be active against the Bears. Look elsewhere at kicker.

I take the Old guy for granted...I mean we get the ball to the other teams 30 or 35 and Im counting 3 on the board for certain.

could be a big loss for a division game.

I know. Its like a Chauncy Billups free throw.

Better get Suh back up to speed and practicing some FG kicks during the rest of this week.

sigh...

tongue.png

Maybe we could take Ocho Cinco off that Pat's hands. Isn't he a soccer player?

Thank God this injury happened in America and not Canada. Otherwise he would have to wait six years for a diagnosis and six more for surgery.

cmlfactor said:
If they haven't signed a kicker by now, he'll be out there.

they have until Saturday....probably have a wait and see thing with Hanson.

Jason Hanson - K - Lions

The Lions worked out free agent kickers Rhys Lloyd and Danny Crossman Wednesday.
Jason Hanson has an injured left knee. The Lions have not released the nature of the ailment, but it's possible he had a minor procedure done during the bye week. Although Hanson was having a dynamite season (17-of-18, four field goals of 50-plus yards), fantasy owners now need to look elsewhere.

cheeno said:
Damn how the hell did that happen?
I heard it was an ATV acci... err he was moving boxes from his parents' attic before a fire and one fell on his shoulder.
grin.png

Seriously though, supposedly from an ATV accident.

lionskillpack said:
Hanson kicked today at practice.

"Jason, we've tried out several kickers and they blow. Now get your ass back out there and do some fk'n kicking".

Jason Hanson (knee) was kicking at Lions practice Thursday.
It looks like Hanson is testing out his injured plant leg in the hopes of suiting up Sunday. If the Lions don't sign a new kicker by Saturday, we'll know they are comfortable with his status for Sunday's game against the Bears.

I think he'll be good to go

John Carney? ...gotta be someone who can fill in for a second.

Back