Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Hanson Could Be Out

Joe Nedney has mbeen money the last 3 years..I'd be looking at him. Kind of surprised no one picked him up after his release for David Akers. I guess the new crop of kickers roll in.

Jason Hanson - K - Lions

Jason Hanson (knee) was kicking at Lions practice Thursday.
It looks like Hanson is testing out his injured plant leg in the hopes of suiting up Sunday. If the Lions don't sign a new kicker by Saturday, we'll know they are comfortable with his status for Sunday's game against the Bears.

Yeah hope they don't sign anyone and Hanson is healthy. Giving up a 53 man roster spot for a second kicker and second punter well that wouldn't be good.

Isn't Donahue (is that his name?) out too? I heard on the news last night that he was getting an MRI today because he hurt his knee practicing FGs.

Yeah Donahue is questionable as well. We worked out Matt "why didn't you kick it out of bounds?" Dodge among others.

I would love to see Matt Dodge get another chance. It wasn't his fault no one could tackle in front of him.

But it was his fault that he punted it to one of the most dynamic players in the NFL instead of kicking it out of bounds.

Special teams should be able to tackle the most dynamic returner especially if he muffled the punt.

Back