Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Buckeyes, Spartans and Wolverines

jwlcosu

I hate to be that fan, who despite the fact that my team has a chance to go to 7-0 next Saturday, is somehow annoyed by it's performance. Spartan fans reading this know exactly what I'm talking about. Nevertheless, among the teams listed in the thread title, one is playing inspired football, two are not. One looks hungry, two do not. One is exceeding expectations, two are not. Lastly, one has upcoming rival games that will play out on it's home turf, two do not. Things are in place for this to be a magical season in Ann Arbor.

I think it's going to be very tough for the Spartans this week. Meanwhile, Buckeye fans I know are holding on to the fact that the team has several weeks to continue to sort things out before entertaining the Spartans and then hitting the road. It's also true that Urban knows a thing or three about having a team peak at the right time of year, so there is that.

This is going to fun in a completely nerve-wracking kind of way. I'm going to try to not be that fan.

Or, change the thread title to Wolverines, Spartans and Buckeyes.

You guys don't like perspective? Oh yea, you don't. Talk about living up to the stereotype.

You guys don't like perspective? Oh yea, you don't. Talk about living up to the stereotype.

Yeah, I get it; so far this season most people would think that Michigan has played better football than either the Spartans or the Buckeyes, even with its one tough road loss to arguably one of the best teams in the country.

All three will play the other two before all is said and done, beginning next week.

Your OP was pretty much just a declarative statement; it didn't look like there was anything to really responded to.

Did you hear Sark got the axe? Edsall, too. Read all about it on the Michigan board! You gotta love how the Mods of this forum allow themselves to be bullied by a nut job!

#Tagline

What stereotype?

I get what you're saying, but not the idea that it involves some stereotype.

B1G fans really didn't find out much after this weekend.
1) Who is MSU? Did they right the ship with a game ending "lucky" play al a kick 6. I think the team has solid QB play and quality defense but nothing over the top. I'm guessing the injuries could come back to bite them or do they get healthy before OSU?

2) UM what will they do to bounce back? Do they keep grinding out games and playing fundamental football or do they start opening things up? Play peppers on O more, run trick plays, or start trying to take chances downfield?
Any freshman QB worth seeing a series or two?

3) OSU will this team start playing like the fans expected? Will JT be the starter or will they keep up this 2QB system? Will they really start feeding Zeke more?

I'm thinking JT is the man going forward. The offense looks so much smoother and in rhythm then when CJ is in the game. While no one is going to say JT has better arm talent he really seems to have a better grasp of the O and way better accuracy.
I'm excited to see the D improve and keep getting better. They will need to be a lot more disciplined to beat MSU and UM. To stop the rushing attacks for both those teams OSU will need to contain the edge and gap control. Letting them gash the D in the middle would be a huge problem.

Back