Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Spurrier leaving South Carolina

SpartyNash

Resigned effective immediately. With Dantonio being an SC alum, is there a chance he leaves for that job? I would be very surprised if he did leave, but maybe the lure of returning to his alma mater/SEC will sway him.

Does he have any current ties to SC?

no, hasn't been back in years. I hate to even argue this because it's simply not happening but if you look at the point he is at in his career, why would you want to start over and rebuild? if your goal is to win a national title, the chances will be much better at MSU than USC. He quickly told Texas that he wasn't interested, there's no way he would go to South Carolina.

no, hasn't been back in years. I hate to even argue this because it's simply not happening but if you look at the point he is at in his career, why would you want to start over and rebuild? if your goal is to win a national title, the chances will be much better at MSU than USC. He quickly told Texas that he wasn't interested, there's no way he would go to South Carolina.

After this season rumor has it Izzo going to the pros also, regardless of the NC caliber class coming in. Need to keep things consistent :)

If he still had ties to SC...at this point in his career would be the exact time I would want to move to SC. 59 years old!

If he has no ties, MSU doesn't need to worry.

Back