Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Official Pre-Game Rivalry Week Thread

Well he did go to the Minnesota blowout win in 2013 and has been on the golf course many times without going into the game but he wasn't planning on going in this Saturday, is two years older than last time, and is fired up! He gets into it at games. The Broncos fans around us in Denver love his fiery fan attitude! lol

Dantonio to South Carolina effective immediately. Good thing we only have to worry about Harbaugh to the colts after the season.

Sparty better pool some fucking bread together, because USC�� will be coming after Mike. You can bet on it. He's a guy, I believe, that can stabilize that program very quickly. And who wouldnt want 5* at their disposal? Its obvious no one teaches these kids fundamentals. Separately they make unbelievable plays and are very talented. Together as a team.........they suck huge gigantic balls. Teach them the correct way to play football and we are going to have some USC-UM matchups in the future.

Edit: Spelling correction

Last edited:
"Northwestern is junk"

"We've got a ton of injuries" (I guess no one on Michigan is hurt and Michigan hasn't had injuries for the last 7 years)

"I'm glad we're the underdog. I feel better as the underdog." This is what I'm hearing the most...wtf?

"Northwestern is junk"

"We've got a ton of injuries" (I guess no one on Michigan is hurt and Michigan hasn't had injuries for the last 7 years)

"I'm glad we're the underdog. I feel better as the underdog." This is what I'm hearing the most...wtf?

Sparty gonna Spart.

"Northwestern is junk"

"Northwestern is junk"

no, northwestern is not junk, they are in the top half of the big ten, I think they're in the bottom of the top half but it's not like they're maryland. Michigan's win over NW was impressive

that is valid, we're down 4 players in the secondary (3 injured, 1 suspended) and 3 OL (and our TE). Of course those injuries impact our performance. UM has had injuries over the last few years as well, MSU is teetering between being hampered and decimated, we'll see who shows up on the field saturday and how effective they are.

That's a defense mechanism, I don't know the percentages off hand but generally 7pt dogs win about 25% of the time? there's a lot of uncertainty about who is playing for MSU so that's a guess. If we're without Conklin, Allen, and Price I'd say the spread should be 14 points. If we have a full compliment of players on offense, LT and Hicks, I'd favor Michigan by 2. People say they like being underdogs because that would make it more satisfying if we win, but in reality, you want to be favored.

"Northwestern is junk"

"We didn't get out of NJ until Sunday afternoon."

"Michigan refs always cheat."

"It's bullshit that we have to play this game at Michigan Stadium! I thought we always hosted this game!"

MSU is teetering between being hampered and decimated

Decimated is another word where common usage has drifted from the meaning enough that I wouldn't be surprised if there was talk of updating the definition.

...just looked it up. It has been updated. It used to mean "having lost one tenth."

"It's bullshit that we have to play this game at Michigan Stadium! I thought we always hosted this game!"

I think it's safe to say that the venue of the last two games played no role in the outcome

Decimated is another word where common usage has drifted from the meaning enough that I wouldn't be surprised if there was talk of updating the definition.

...just looked it up. It has been updated. It used to mean "having lost one tenth."

we ended the Rutgers game down 11 starters (if you include Finley who was the starter after Conklin).

Jack Allen C, ankle injury, looked bad, questionable at best
Jack Conklin LT, knee injury, hasn't played since CMU
Dennis Finley LT, broken leg, out for the year
RJ Williamson SS, Biceps injury, out until the bowl game
Ed Davis OLB, ACL, out for the year
Mylan Hicks CB, left in the 2nd quarter, possible concussion
Josiah Price TE, ankle, hasn't played since CMU
Vayante Copeland CB, fractured vertebrae, out for the year
Lawrence Thomas DE, shoulder injury, left in the 3rd quarter, did not return
Jake Hartbarger Punter, we had our backup QB punt late in the game
Madre London RB, ankle or foot injury, carted to the locker room, did not look good

I'd expect Conklin to try to play, Price too. who knows how effective they can be? we have no chance of moving the ball on UM with an OL that's duct taped together. the London injury doesn't really impact us that much, just more carries for scott, we have depth there.

Last edited:
we ended the Rutgers game down 11 starters (if you include Finley who was the starter after Conklin).

I'm not arguing. You guys are having a bad year injury-wise. The word 'decimated' just reminds me of when MGoBlog used the word extensively to describe the situation a few years back when Michigan's defense was down to 58% of the people recruited.

I'm not arguing. You guys are having a bad year injury-wise. The word 'decimated' just reminds me of when MGoBlog used the word extensively to describe the situation a few years back when Michigan's defense was down to 58% of the people recruited.

I did say we were somewhere between hampered and decimated. I don't have a clinical definition but when you're moving an all american center to left tackle mid game and inserting a guard for the first playing time of his career, i'd say that qualifies. we burned one red shirt against rutgers and we had two corners ready to sub in who are supposed to red shirt. I think that passes the sniff test.

The Prediction thread needs to happen now.

I'm so fucking pumped for this game! Last week, Northwestern was the biggest game of the year. This week, Sparty is. I want this game more than any game on the schedule - more than Ohio State, even. I want both wins, don't get me wrong, but I want this one. It's personal.

Decimated? A team with depth and coaching of MSU is ... decimated? How is this possible?

The Prediction thread needs to happen now.

I'm so fucking pumped for this game! Last week, Northwestern was the biggest game of the year. This week, Sparty is. I want this game more than any game on the schedule - more than Ohio State, even. I want both wins, don't get me wrong, but I want this one. It's personal.

It's strictly business

tumblr_nd8ssopo3S1qe7b1lo1_500.gif

edited for you.

Decimated? A team with depth and coaching of MSU is ... decimated? How is this possible?

I get what he's saying. Depth should be depth, not starters. Imagine if we lost Graham Glasgow and Kyle Kalis. And then imagine if Willie Henry and Joe Bolden got hurt. We would be talking decimation too.

Still, I hope it's not used as an excuse, especially considering Deveon Smith is banged up and we've lost Ojemudia and Brian Mone for the year. It's not like we're the picture of health.

common sense says that we have a much lower probability of winning with 3rd stringers vs starters. Of course you know that but you just want to be argumentative.

Back