Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Red Wings 3 Lightning 1 Final

First big test of the season. Tampa Bay is going to compete for top seed in the conference. Being at home and rested makes me feel really good about our chances. I don't think players really carry over their emotions from season to season like the fans, but I hope they try to exact some revenge for the first round.

Also, I'm still glad the team pulled out a win in Carolina, but it also still feels like a loss. I have to put a lot of that down to the back-to-back and travel fatigue, though, since the team seemed to play better and better as the game went on. I really want to see what Blashill and the team will do to bounce back from a lucky, but uninspired performance. Did Blashill get on the guys for not being better? Did he sweep it under the rug because of the circumstances? Or what? It's really early, but I think there are some important things to learn already.

Franzen late scratch...

He doesn't feel well ..

Last edited:
Frustrating goal given up off a Time out to rest the defense .. Set play by TB burns the wings..

2-1 now..

Quincey Gets a empty netter flipping it from his blue line as TB pulls goalie with a face off in wings zone..

The goalies look good so far. I thought they played well tonight and deserved that win. Make it 4 straight next.

I think the coaching change will do this team a world of good...first of all, no way in hell would Larkin have made the squad if Babs was still coaching. He'd prob have Cleary on the 2nd line in his place.

This team looks much different than even last years squad. They have so much depth its unreal. In years past, if Datysuk went down, the best you would hope for is .500 play until he returned. THIS team however, with all the young guns, seem like they can compete with anyone - with or without Datsyuk...that is damn impressive. Throw in Dekyser being injured (top 2 D-man) and Helm being out (top 9 forward), and this team has the potential to be even more potent...not to mention it looks like Howard has returned to form, so add two legit NHL goalies on the roster...things are looking good for the Winged Wheel!!

Read an interesting post by a Wings fan reacting to ESPN's first week power rankings. He said "the rest of the NHL is finding out what Wings fans already know: That Wings made Babcock look good rather than the other way around."

There might very well be some truth to that, especially in light of Blashill's propensity to let youth be served (as Tbone just mentioned).

Eh, we are three games in. I think it's a bit early to make statements like that.

I like the youth on the team but we need a healthy pd in the playoffs to make a real run at a cup in my opinion.

Back