Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Brad Ausmus not coming back, manages angels, and now yankee's bench coach lol

lonesometiger

Brad Ausmus Is said by MLB Now. He will not be with extended after this season. News conference to come shortly.

1520 central time

Last edited:
Brad is addressing the media. Tigers announce they will not extend Brad beyond 2017.

I'll say this, Imo Tigers never put a 25 man roster on the field with Leyland or Ausmus as manager. They always had holes in there team. bull pen was always a problem.
The 2006 team was close to being there best rounded team. IMO. And they threw there series away/ and the weather did not help.

"Leyland on Tigers’ rebuild: ‘Growing pains’ are coming." From KC's thread, is really a miss guild message. It should be Losing pains are coming, like Minnie 12 kittens 1 ! And I will say Tigers have, pitching packed it in Imo. This needs to be addressed asap.

Good riddance. Seemed like a nice guy, but at the end of the day it's a business and if you don't win you don't keep your job. I kind of liked the hire originally but looking back with 20/20 hindsight we needed a seasoned vet manager for a contender in their prime. Not everything was his fault particularly this season but I wanted him gone after the 2014 ALCS debacle. My guess is McClendon is the sacrificial lamb for the rebuild.

I'll say this, Imo Tigers never put a 25 man roster on the field with Leyland or Ausmus as manager. They always had holes in there team. bull pen was always a problem.
The 2006 team was close to being there best rounded team. IMO. And they threw there series away/ and the weather did not help.

2013 was the best team. Leyland was a top third manager. Players loved playing for him. Aumus was one of the worst.

2013 was the best team. Leyland was a top third manager. Players loved playing for him. Aumus was one of the worst.

Yeah.. Not sure I understood the comment about no talent.. DD got us quite a bit.. During Leyland we had some really good teams. And they were fun to watch.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/20786718/detroit-tigers-not-renew-contract-manager-brad-ausmus

11-34 .244 WPCT in the last 45 games is not about bad talent, it is about a team that gave up. And that is on the manager.

interesting point of view. Where exactly is the talent on this team? It's OK if the players just give up because they don't feel motivated?

Presley, Nick, Candy & McCann have all played well this month. So they didn't quit but Miggy & Kinsler did quit because they are playing bad?

Boyd didn't quit....2.16 ERA this month.

other starters this month...Sanchez (5.40), Bell (9.39), Farmer (8.59) & Zimmerman (8.00) are all talented but quit?

I do not remember the last Tigers' team that simply quit like this one did. Or one ever in my lifetime. There were bad teams, but not ones without interest in competing.

interesting point of view. Where exactly is the talent on this team? It's OK if the players just give up because they don't feel motivated?

Presley, Nick, Candy & McCann have all played well this month. So they didn't quit but Miggy & Kinsler did quit because they are playing bad?

Boyd didn't quit....2.16 ERA this month.

other starters this month...Sanchez (5.40), Bell (9.39), Farmer (8.59) & Zimmerman (8.00) are all talented but quit?

I don't care what or who is on your team, 11-34 stretch is unacceptable. A manager needs to motivate guys. Put them in winnable situations. Ausmus was bad. Losing is one thing they're not even competitive in games.. Too many blow ups.

Granted Avila needs to go to.. But Ausmus, turrible. Just turrible.

We were blown out in probably well above half the losses. Games were over by the 2nd and 3rd inning consistently. The team threw in the towel.

I predict omar will be asked to be the new manager before all is said and done

Last edited:
I predict omar will be asked to be the new manager before all is said and done

I things its always a bad idea to take an underling. Get a new guy in here.. Because if Omar is the guy some of the other guys currently here, end up staying .. which is not a good thing.

Ausmus, who was 312-325 in his four seasons with Detroit heading into Friday's game against the Minnesota Twins, agreed with Avila. Speaking to reporters ahead of Friday's contest at Comerica Park, Ausmus acknowledged that he likely wouldn't have returned to the Tigers if he was offered to stay, saying he believes the team needs a new voice as it undergoes a rebuild.

Good riddance. Don’t let the door hit ya in the ass on the way out.

Ausmus, 48, said he would like to manage again in the future.

Hopefully it’s in Japan.

Last edited:
Ausmus, who was 312-325 in his four seasons with Detroit heading into Friday's game against the Minnesota Twins, agreed with Avila. Speaking to reporters ahead of Friday's contest at Comerica Park, Ausmus acknowledged that he likely wouldn't have returned to the Tigers if he was offered to stay, saying he believes the team needs a new voice as it undergoes a rebuild.

Good riddance. Don’t let the door hit ya in the ass on the way out.

Yeah, right - like he'd say thanks but no. It's his way of saying hmm hmm, I stink. That sounds like someone who quit himself down the stretch as well. Players following the manager's lead..

Last edited:
Ausmus acknowledged that he likely wouldn't have returned to the Tigers if he was offered to stay

translation: "Al, I know I'm not a good manager, but damn...I certainly don't want to manage the garbage you provide. I'm out!"

translation: "Al, I know I'm not a good manager, but damn...I certainly don't want to manage the garbage you provide. I'm out!"

We can only hope Avila gets shit canned before long. Both of them are idiots.

Instead of great news that Chris Ilitch is going to sell the team, and bye bye head bozo Al Avila and the "Idiots deluxe" group of Chadd, Littlefield, Owens, Bream, and Pleis, we get 3 or 4 year old news that Ausmus is gone.

Back