Go Back   DetroitSportsForum > Sports > Detroit Tigers

Old 11-13-2017, 07:29 AM   #21

Christin Stewart either needs to be starting with the Tigers in 2018 or with another team. Yes, he is abysmal in the outfield. I was hoping they would cut ties with Victor and make Stewart the primary DH.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 11-13-2017, 11:11 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebbiv View Post
Christin Stewart either needs to be starting with the Tigers in 2018 or with another team. Yes, he is abysmal in the outfield. I was hoping they would cut ties with Victor and make Stewart the primary DH.
That doesn't sound like a bad idea. Maybe they give VMart a month or 2 to see how he rebounds. When he hits he does add value. If he's hitting it's possible they trade him somewhere along with 1/2 his salary to save themselves a few bucks. If he is sucking it up maybe then it's time to cut ties and let Stewart show us if he can hit at the MLB level.
Old 11-13-2017, 12:58 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by dale675 View Post
That doesn't sound like a bad idea. Maybe they give VMart a month or 2 to see how he rebounds. When he hits he does add value. If he's hitting it's possible they trade him somewhere along with 1/2 his salary to save themselves a few bucks. If he is sucking it up maybe then it's time to cut ties and let Stewart show us if he can hit at the MLB level.
Victor is a cancer. He needs to be gone. Stewart needs to start the season on an MLB roster, either here or elsewhere. Having him start the season in the minors until if or when Victor pans out is pointless for his development. He will be 24 years old. It is now or never.

Yes he is a liability in the field, however his bat grades out very well.
Old 11-13-2017, 01:10 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebbiv View Post
Victor is a cancer. He needs to be gone. Stewart needs to start the season on an MLB roster, either here or elsewhere. Having him start the season in the minors until if or when Victor pans out is pointless for his development. He will be 24 years old. It is now or never.

Yes he is a liability in the field, however his bat grades out very well.
I agree 100%. V-Mart needs to go. Even if Stewart is a liability in the field, at least he can play a little out there. He could DH most of the time and play some games in LF if needed.
Old 11-13-2017, 01:32 PM   #25

Teams don't like using 24 year old players as a DH. Victor or not Stewart will still most likely be our starter in the OF or be left in the minors ..

What are we at the park for except to win? I'd trip my mother. I'd help her up, brush her off, tell her I'm sorry. But mother don't make it to third -- Leo Durocher

The NFL can kiss my ass!!
Old 11-13-2017, 02:08 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchrapp View Post
Teams don't like using 24 year old players as a DH. Victor or not Stewart will still most likely be our starter in the OF or be left in the minors ..
most AL teams use older players that aren't useful in the field as their DH. If Stewart is a liability in the field he may be destined to be a DH. If his bat is ready, I say get him in the linup.

Oakland used Ryon Healy (25) mostly as a DH last year after playing 3B his rookie year. I don't know if he was moved their because he is a liability in the field or just trying to keep his bat in the lineup.
Old 11-13-2017, 02:24 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomdalton22 View Post
most AL teams use older players that aren't useful in the field as their DH. If Stewart is a liability in the field he may be destined to be a DH. If his bat is ready, I say get him in the linup.

Oakland used Ryon Healy (25) mostly as a DH last year after playing 3B his rookie year. I don't know if he was moved their because he is a liability in the field or just trying to keep his bat in the lineup.
That's why I said most.

I'm curious if Victor has a buy-out this season? If not I'm suspect they release him and I don't see anyone trading for him.

What are we at the park for except to win? I'd trip my mother. I'd help her up, brush her off, tell her I'm sorry. But mother don't make it to third -- Leo Durocher

Old 11-13-2017, 02:26 PM   #28

Just checked 18m, no buy-out. They won't sit an 18m guy.

Old 11-13-2017, 02:49 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchrapp View Post
Just checked 18m, no buy-out. They won't sit an 18m guy.
no....they won't sit him. IMO they have two options.

1) Hope he retires.
2) Cut him

Here is a good article explaining the situation

https://www.blessyouboys.com/2017/9/...er-brad-ausmus
Old 11-13-2017, 06:04 PM   #30

18m, that's hard to say no thanks. I don't see him being cut but anything is possible.