Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Detroit Tigers Minor League Notes

Tigers Minor League Notes

Didn't the Tigers draft Apple in the 20th round a few years ago?

[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]http://baseballinstinct.com/2011/11/29/detroit-tigers-2012-top-ten-prospects-list/
Detroit Tigers 2012 Top Ten Prospects List.
from Baseball Instinct

Good writeups. New (young) kid on the block SS Eugenio Suarez.

man, I can't wait for the new minor league season to start.

Really excited to see how Vazquez and Castellanos perform.

mjsb2 said:
[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]http://baseballinstinct.com/2011/11/29/detroit-tigers-2012-top-ten-prospects-list/
Detroit Tigers 2012 Top Ten Prospects List.
from Baseball Instinct

Good writeups. New (young) kid on the block SS Eugenio Suarez.

man, I can't wait for the new minor league season to start.

Even though Vazquez had a low walk rate he did have a good line drive rate and used the whole field.
Castellanos, I am excited too.

Went over to TigsTown and having the premium, was able to see the latest rankings. Suarez I had heard of this summer, but he isn't as highly ranked over there by Mark as this site I posted the link from.
There is a Beast of a lefthander 6'8" Brian Flynn with a plus-plus fastball and second pitch, near the bottom of the top 50, but needs better command.

Really excited to see how Vazquez and Castellanos perform.

Yeah, with Vazquez being so young I'm not so concerned about the low walk rate, especially with how good of a k-rate he had.

And Flynn was drafted by the Tigers this year wasn't he? I remember reading about a big lefty with a good fastball, but he's more of a project at this point.

Back