Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Detroit Tigers Minor League Notes

Tigers Minor League Notes

mjsb2 said:
Yeah, with Vazquez being so young I'm not so concerned about the low walk rate, especially with how good of a k-rate he had.

And Flynn was drafted by the Tigers this year wasn't he? I remember reading about a big lefty with a good fastball, but he's more of a project at this point.

yes 7th round out of Wichita State.
also said to have average changeup and slider. Command comes and goes, but tough to hit when the fastball is at the knees and below.
I am thinking he is going to be a reliever.

Yeah, probably so.

Well, hopefully he'll be able to reel in his command enough to be an effective RP.

From the Australian Baseball League:
Outfielder Tyler Collins is a 21-year old

Having too much fun talking to scouts about Tigers RHP Bruce Rondon. Listed at 270 lbs, hits 101 mph, plus life ... not a strike-thrower.
Ben Badler

Back