Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Ebron

What should we do with Ebron

• Keep him, let him play

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • Bench him

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • Trade him

Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Cut him

Votes: 7 20.6%

• Total voters
A 1st round receiving TE in his fourth year is not top 10 in any receiving stat for TEs.

Good job Mayhew

Stafford playing well, too many other weapons to get targets. Lions are 5th in PPG. Ebron is doing his job

He is though. I guarantee he's tops in drop rate

A couple weeks ago I think I read where Ebron was credited with only 3 drops. That seems low. But they have a weird way tracking drops.

I read that if the other team scores more points the chance of winnings is almost impossible.

Lions are high in PPG, but only ranked 14th in offensive TDs this season. They are ranked 20th in net TDs by offense (Offensive TDs scored less offensive TDs given up (INT returns, Fumble returns))

Detroit defense has given up the most TDs, but also scored the most TDs. They are ranked 15th in net TDs by defense.

So neither unit is getting much done.

Last edited:
Lions are high in PPG, but only ranked 14th in offensive TDs this season. They are ranked 20th in net TDs by offense (Offensive TDs scored less offensive TDs given up (INT returns, Fumble returns))

Detroit defense has given up the most TDs, but also scored the most TDs. They are ranked 15th in net TDs by defense.

So neither unit is getting much done.

The defense seems to be so inconsistent from even series to series it seems.... If TA was as good of a DC as we all thought this kind of shit being last in TD's given up is bs.

The defense seems to be so inconsistent from even series to series it seems.... If TA was as good of a DC as we all thought this kind of shit being last in TD's given up is bs.

I always though he was overrated. Bad defense is one thing but as you said from good to bad, back to good and then bad. Has to fall on the DC.

Would you guys be against paying Ebron now? I've done a 180, I think we should re-sign him, if he can be had for what he's worth. What's he worth, lol? Hes played really well recently, and seems to have turned a corner. Without an terrible throw by Stafford he would've gotten into end zone twice today

Last edited:
Would you guys be against paying Ebron now? I've done a 180, I think we should re-sign him, if he can be had for what he's worth. What's he worth, lol? Hes played really well recently, and seems to have turned a corner. Without an terrible throw by Stafford he would've gotten into end zone twice today

It's a small sample size but he's looked great since the Green Bay game aside from the fumble vs Tampa (1st of his career). In the last three games he'd been thrown to 19 times and caught all but one. The athleticism was always there, the big question could he mentally compose himself to minimize the drops. That catch in the end zone on Saturday was fantastic.

My fear is that with all of the booing and jeering, he may have soured on Detroit enough to want a fresh start somewhere else. Hopefully not.

Last edited:

No. He had 33 yards today. Granted he had a TD but still can't block. One dimensional and I have to reiterate 33 yards. Outside TB, he's looked like 6th round pick.

No. He had 33 yards today. Granted he had a TD but still can't block. One dimensional and I have to reiterate 33 yards. Outside TB, he's looked like 6th round pick.

Did you even watch the game or are you basing your brilliant analogy off the boxscore? Don't answer that btw. I already know the answer....

Did you even watch the game or are you basing your brilliant analogy off the boxscore? Don't answer that btw. I already know the answer....

I've watched him enough to know a couple games doesn't suddenly make him worth it.

Mitch, you didn't miss much. I don't fully understand all this discussion about his sudden resurgence. I watched the game yesterday start to finish. He was fine, nothing spectacular.

Overall on the year, still incredibly underwhelming and not worth the money he'll be asking.

Mitch, you didn't miss much. I don't fully understand all this discussion about his sudden resurgence. I watched the game yesterday start to finish. He was fine, nothing spectacular.

Overall on the year, still incredibly underwhelming and not worth the money he'll be asking.

That's the thing he'll want 3-4 years. And more money than he deserves.

Last edited:
I'm all for giving Roberts a chance to win that starting gig next yr.

I agree.....but I can see it already. The minute we dump Ebron we'll be crying for an athletic TE that can stretch the field.

IMO.....Ebron has disappointed....but the way he is used here is his biggest issue.

I agree.....but I can see it already. The minute we dump Ebron we'll be crying for an athletic TE that can stretch the field.

IMO.....Ebron has disappointed....but the way he is used here is his biggest issue.

We'll have to agree to disagree there. He's exceptionally limited in what he can do, considering he can't block. So when he's consistently dropping passes, there's no reason to try and force the ball to him.

The team has more than enough tried to get him going and involved, and he's just a drive killer consistently.

Last edited:
Back