Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Hoops vs UCLA

Awesome comeback. Guys are just so inconsistent its hard to figure them out. Simpson was the man at the end of this game. Can he keep it going?

Even though this is a great win, I still feel like I have jizz on my backside from the OSU game. That was a bad letdown and raping all in one.

I hope the guys are more consistent from here on

Last edited:
Jb told Mathews in the second half .
" you've been the mvp for ucla so far. Now it's time to be the mvp for us."

Matthews hit a clutch 12 footer down the stretch when UCLA had cut it to 6 in OT with about 2 and half left. If he had missed that shot, it would have given UCLA some hope. It was a nice little spirit killer.

Matthews hit a clutch 12 footer down the stretch when UCLA had cut it to 6 in OT with about 2 and half left. If he had missed that shot, it would have given UCLA some hope. It was a nice little spirit killer.

Oh I agree we so do not win without his performance. But 2-10 shooting free throws . Like has been said I bet all of us could make 4 out of 10 blindfolded lol..His three in ot was the dagger but up 6 he could have put it away making just 1 of his 2 free throws.
That said he made a brilliant pass to the cutting Simpson as the shot clock was running down .. Him and Moe need to figure out the pick and roll . He is tentative on the passes to Moe when he rolls . He either misses the pass or just waits to long. He had a few turnovers . Wagner, Simpson, Mathews reason we won yesterday .

Last edited:
I know why he starts Robinson. It is because we are small and he is taller then Brooks, and Poole . After Texas we have a few games to try and find Duncan's shot? Maybe bringing him off the bench is the way to go but with his confidence shot already this may not be the best way to go. It would be nice if he went to Jb and said I am hurting the team coach .
We appear to have some depth with Teske,Livers, poole, Simmons , Brooks all getting minutes . Also during the osu game Jb used a zone that worked for a time . It was either a 3/2 or a 2/3 with a lot of hands getting in the passing lanes. With Simpsons hands so good and Robinson length we could hide Duncan's defensive deficiencies by using some zone .. we had 12 steals verses ucla. I wish Jb would switch defenses more.because I think it could help this team get steals and push the ball which appears to be when Simpson is at his best. That is the one thing Duncan does have. A long reach and wingspan for his size.

My lineup would be , and bring Robinson off the bench for offense .

Simpson
Maar
Livers, Poole , Brooks .
Mathews
Wagner

Last edited:
Livers will continue to get more and more of Robinson's minutes if this stuff continues

I don't see why Poole can't sub in for Robinson, but whatever.

Back