Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2017 Bowl Pickems

b311j

Dear Yahoo Sports College Bowl Pick'em user,

We wanted to let you know that Yahoo Sports College Bowl Pick'em will be discontinued and will no longer be available for the upcoming college bowl pick'em season. Your college bowl pick'em historical standings will still be viewable in your profile.

As we continue to innovate and grow Yahoo Fantasy Sports, part of that is consolidation of some of our offerings.

We thank you for being a fan and loyal user, and we hope that you continue to enjoy the rest of Yahoo Fantasy Sports games.
Sincerely,
Yahoo Fantasy Sports

yeah i got that email, also

is there a foxsports one? cbs sports, maybe?

pls no ESPN

I'm deeply hurt that I won't be able to pick the winner of such illustrious bowl games like the...

R&L Carriers New Orleans Bowl

Autonation Cure Bowl

Las Vegas Bowl

Gildan New Mexico Bowl

Raycom Media Camellia Bowl

Cheribundi Tart Cherry Boca Raton Bowl

DXL Frisco Bowl

Bad Boy Mowers Gaspiailla Bowl

Bahamas Bowl

Famous Idaho Potato Bowl

Birmingham Bowl

Lockheed Martin Armed Forces Bowl

Dollar General Bowl

Hawaii Bowl

Zaxby's Heart of Dallas Bowl

New Era Pinstripe Bowl

Foster Farms Bowl

Academy Sports & Outdoors Texas Bowl

Walk-On's Independence Bowl

Camping World Bowl

Belk Bowl

I'm deeply hurt that I won't be able to pick the winner of such illustrious bowl games like the...

R&L Carriers New Orleans Bowl

Autonation Cure Bowl

Las Vegas Bowl

Gildan New Mexico Bowl

Raycom Media Camellia Bowl

Cheribundi Tart Cherry Boca Raton Bowl

DXL Frisco Bowl

Bad Boy Mowers Gaspiailla Bowl

Bahamas Bowl

Famous Idaho Potato Bowl

Birmingham Bowl

Lockheed Martin Armed Forces Bowl

Dollar General Bowl

Hawaii Bowl

Zaxby's Heart of Dallas Bowl

New Era Pinstripe Bowl

Foster Farms Bowl

Academy Sports & Outdoors Texas Bowl

Walk-On's Independence Bowl

Camping World Bowl

Belk Bowl

why does it matter...they are still college football games

Well I love college basketball, but I don't tune in to the NIT, CIT, or CIB. These bowl games are the equivalent of the non March Madness tourneys.

I think they are more like regular season college basketball games....games with very little meaning outside of the fanbase of the two teams playing.

I think they are more like regular season college basketball games....games with very little meaning outside of the fanbase of the two teams playing.

I'd much rather watch regular season college basketball over a meaningless, sponsored exhibition game. Just my personal preference.

It looks like Fox and CBS quit doing them too. Maybe they are worried about being part of gambling. Feds shut down this huge survivor pool last week.

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/fe...r25-million-at-stake-gamblers-everywhere-weep

I doubt it...they're continuing the rest of yahoo fantasy sports; why aren't they worried about them.

I don't know for sure how yahoo makes money making these fantasy contests but they must be making money somehow - I guess they get paid per click from advertisers, or whatever.

Dollars to doughnuts they're shutting down the Bowl pick'ems games because they weren't making enough money.

I doubt it...they're continuing the rest of yahoo fantasy sports; why aren't they worried about them.

I don't know for sure how yahoo makes money making these fantasy contests but they must be making money somehow - I guess they get paid per click from advertisers, or whatever.

Dollars to doughnuts they're shutting down the Bowl pick'ems games because they weren't making enough money.

I just find it odd that all of the sites discontinued them at the same time the feds came down on that other site. We'll see when march madness starts up.

I just find it odd that all of the sites discontinued them at the same time the feds came down on that other site. We'll see when march madness starts up.

Look at the mocking response right on this here thread to the lack of interest in these bowl games. My primary interest in the bowl season for years has pretty much been limited to our little Pickems game on this board, besides whatever bowl Michigan was happening to play in.

They all probably just realized at the same time that there's not enough people who care or play for the game to be a money maker.

Back