Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

MSU basektball recruiting

he said he loves everybody. My gut says we have no shot at this kid. Interesting that he said KY is out - any particular reason? Not like they have any big PF commits from 2014 already.

my gut says it's a long shot due to our recent recruiting failures but he did tweet out a top 3 of MSU, DePaul, and KU a month ago, his coach was recently quoted as saying he talks about Izzo and MSU all the time.

my gut says it's a long shot due to our recent recruiting failures but he did tweet out a top 3 of MSU, DePaul, and KU a month ago, his coach was recently quoted as saying he talks about Izzo and MSU all the time.

We hear that all time. I love MSU and Izzo but I'll go to Kansas, Duke or Kentucky. I'm surprised we got Gary Harris last year.

Last edited:
That probably means it's us right? It's funny how SMU stole Kentuckys guy and then they take ours and then we take Wisconsins. Domino effect.
At least I think he was a Wisconsin lean until we came in the picture.

That probably means it's us right? It's funny how SMU stole Kentuckys guy and then they take ours and then we take Wisconsins. Domino effect.
At least I think he was a Wisconsin lean until we came in the picture.

Nairs? I don't think he had a Wisconsin offer, it's MSU, IU, Oklahoma, and Minnesota. he has a KU offer but eliminated them

Nairs? I don't think he had a Wisconsin offer, it's MSU, IU, Oklahoma, and Minnesota. he has a KU offer but eliminated them

Don't know where I got Wisc. Any word on what team is ahead?

Are we really in the running for Looney? Everyone here seems to only talk about Cliff and Tyus.

Don't know where I got Wisc. Any word on what team is ahead?

Are we really in the running for Looney? Everyone here seems to only talk about Cliff and Tyus.

tyus is long gone, he's going to duke most likely

we're still in line for an official from looney next month

cliff is tough to read, he put us in his top 3 recently and dropped UK. everyone thinks he's a uk lead

as for tum tum, some analysts are changing their predictions from MSU to Oklahoma or IU, not good

Also if we miss out on Alexander, Jones and Okafor...where do we go from there? We need a big class here and it seems less and less likely every day. I'm know I'm being a little pessimistic but I don't think we land even one of those guys.
As bad as Dawson is at dribbling and shooting he is projected as a second round pick. It is very possible that we lose 4 starters this year. Not looking too good right now...

tyus is long gone, he's going to duke most likely

we're still in line for an official from looney next month

cliff is tough to read, he put us in his top 3 recently and dropped UK. everyone thinks he's a uk lead

as for tum tum, some analysts are changing their predictions from MSU to Oklahoma or IU, not good

We just need one person to commit already so others can follow. Looking very bleak right now

As much as I hate them, Izzo needs a legit one-and-done point guard (PF wouldn't hurt either) to pad his NBA alumni roster. As much as you love guys like Cleaves, Lucas and Appling (or not) kids look at them then look at the PGs that played at UK, UNC, KU, Duke - hard to compete with that - even with guys who aren't one-and-done talent. They want to play for a guy that puts PGs in the NBA.

Last edited:
on tum tum, looks like Izzo visited on Monday night, then he says he's announcing Thursday and canceling other in homes. not saying that we're going to get him but that sound good. if we offer Riley lachance this weekend then we lost but I feel better about this

on tum tum, looks like Izzo visited on Monday night, then he says he's announcing Thursday and canceling other in homes. not saying that we're going to get him but that sound good. if we offer Riley lachance this weekend then we lost but I feel better about this

fyi, jerry meyer switched his prediction back from OK to MSU, he tweeted that he got some bad info

I'm feeling pretty good about him. Who wants to go to Oklahomo to play basketball, besides BG ? They are not a basketball school like us. IU already has a verbal from a top 100 PG, so why would he want to go there ? I think he sees PT with us, almost immediate PT. From scouting reports, he sounds like he can do it all, but shoot.

Lourawls "Tum Tum" Nairns is a Spartan. Think he's #60 in the country, a speed demon at PG who is a very good passer, needs to work on his shot, but his caoches say he's in the gym every morning at 5am. He's a tough hard nosed kid who loves to work, an Izzo type player all the way. Thrilled to land him and prefer his size to Ullis's.

The latest is also that we're back in it for Okafor, the #1 player in the country. He's cooled on Duke and Kansas and us now are making a move.

Where is this Okafor thing coming from? And why isn't Cliff taking an official visit to MSU yet he continually says we're one of his top schools? Bit odd

Where is this Okafor thing coming from? And why isn't Cliff taking an official visit to MSU yet he continually says we're one of his top schools? Bit odd

Cliff has been to MSU several times unofficially, at least 5 times, he felt he already knows us enough that he didn't need an official. It's between us and Kansas for his services. He's a Kansas lean now because they hired a Chicago guy as an assistant that's known Cliff since he was in 7th grade. Plus his girlfriend goes there. We still have a shot at him, but he looks Kansas bound.

The Okafor stuff has been out there to find, a few experts now say he and Jones will not play together and Kansas and MSU are now the teams to watch. Okafor has had nothing but great things to say about MSU and Izzo, seems he goes out of his way to bring up MSU unprodded. Still is probably a long shot.

Reid Travis, Kevin Looney, and Devin Booker are all still possible for MSU too. I'd say it's fairly likely we land one of the 3.

Back