Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Rick and Morty

deathroh

Anybody watching it? It's been on Adult Swim for a couple years, I just found out about it. The creator of the show started by doing a short sketch based on Marty Mcfly and Doc Brown, where the professor tries to convince marty that the only way they can make it back to their present time is if marty sucks his dick.

The actual show isn't quite that extreme, but the two main characters are loosely based on those two, with Rick being Morty's alcoholic/scientist grandfather. I've only seen a handful of episodes so far, but most center on alternate dimensions and ridiculous shit.

It's not a laugh a minute, but it's worth your time. It does a good job of riding that fine line between smart & stupid. Seems like some people here would enjoy it.

Last edited:
Anybody watching it? It's been on Adult Swim for a couple years, I just found out about it. The creator of the show started by doing a short sketch based on Marty Mcfly and Doc Brown, where the professor tries to convince marty that the only way they can make it back to their present time is if marty sucks his dick.

The actual show isn't quite that extreme, but the two main characters are loosely based on those two, with Rick being Morty's alcoholic/scientist grandfather. I've only seen a handful of episodes so far, but most center on alternate dimensions and ridiculous shit.

It's not a laugh a minute, but it's worth your time. It does a good job of riding that fine line between smart & stupid. Seems like some people here would enjoy it.
seems a little too fucked up for me. at least the initial premise.

my brother watches a bunch of those really fucked up cartoon network shows. they're all too demented for my liking.

and I'm not like some mainstream guy. I liked Space Ghost Coast to Coast a lot. the shows with no boundaries, completely tasteless premises, etc. go too far though.

You're just basing that on my description, or have you seen an episode? Re-reading my post, I did a pretty poor job of selling it. I probably shouldn't have even tried, shows like this don't lend itself to good printed descriptions. You should give it a shot.

You're just basing that on my description, or have you seen an episode? Re-reading my post, I did a pretty poor job of selling it. I probably shouldn't have even tried, shows like this don't lend itself to good printed descriptions. You should give it a shot.

I'm still on the fence.

you were right about that Wu Tang vs. the Beatles mix you posted that one time, but I'm not a huge fan of the more fucked up stuff on cartoon network, so until I get one more yes vote on this, I'll give it a pass.

I haven't watched Rick and Morty yet, but I have watched a few of those adult swim shows in their first few seasons. They sometimes go off the rails after a while though.

Sealab 2021, ATHF, Venture Bros, Robot Chicken...

Back