Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Girls hoops update

biggunsbob

Last edited:
Looks like an amazing class. I doubt we have ever signed 4 players in the top 100 in the same class. Coach KBA is really building something here.

It's hard to believe this is already Flaherty's senior year. This team could have a great year with all they have coming back and Flaherty will rewrite the Michigan record book. I just wish Kyrse would have stayed. Had she come back this team, would have been amazing.

Heard she had issues, argued about playing time, attitude,

She quit on team during WNIT.

Former Mich assistant who helped recruit her at WVU now

Last edited:
Sounds like she wanted all the shots just like in high school. I was so glad they won it without her.

Team is 2-0

Beat
George Mason 75-61
Liberty 74-50

Team was blasted by #5 Louisville 74-49. Same old crap. Big ten has trouble hanging with the top teams . Especially Michigan.Team falls to 2-1. Scoring only 49 means they really missed Gondrezick.

Yeah I am glad she is gone if she was a me first player but until we start getting top players and keeping them we will not make the ncaa.

Last edited:
After Louisville loss Michigan has beaten Oakland , and Ohio .

Same old crap. BLASTED By A GOOD Team . 83-63 by ND.. now 4-2.

Girls beat

Liu Brooklyn 86-49.
-Detroit Mercy 86-50.

Now 6-2

NI problem I'm Glad to do it

Girls playing Marquette tonight. Down 4 at half . Then built a big 62-47 lead and now they are only up 5 and barley hanging on. Gagging the game away. 69-67 three minutes left .. out scored 20-7 last eight minute sigh :/ up 77-71 with 1:46 left. Girls hold on and improve to 7-2 with a 82-72 win. Team shot 28 free throws and made only 19 of the them. .82-76 Final . Flaherty had 27 but was 1 for 7 from three .

Box score

http://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/boxscore?gameId=400993695

Last edited:
I still cant help but wonder how good they would be with Kyrse. She was that 2nd scoring option they need right now. Hard to believe this is already Flahertys senior year. She has been one of the best players in Michigan womens basketball history. I hope they can get some consistency out of the other players besides Flaherty and Thome. If they do they can get to the 2nd weekend of the NCAA's

Back