Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Deep Ball

I've never seen a list with Matt ahead of Brees. Underrated imo, the Seattle QB. They have a bad OLINE every year.

No worries.....I get that.

I would take Stafford, and that may be a bit of a homer pick....but I like the arm strength Stafford brings......you could run a more vertical offense.....which is what I would prefer if I were a coach.

Nothing against Brees......can't argue his accomplishments.

You guys remember when you said Stafford couldn't throw a good deep ball though. Now you've been proven wrong. It's glorious. So you deflect and make a list of QBs that is absolutely wrong too

Last edited:
Yea definitely taking Wilson before Stafford. Tonight's game alone shows why

LOL no. Wilson can't hold Staffords jock. Luckiest scramble in history. He will planted into the turf for good soon enough

It's hard to compare because as you said all teams have different makeups. Was David Carr really that bad or was he just stuck on a bad team? But I try to look at things like the dinking and dunking he's done for the better half of the past years..

Hopefully that's behind him.

He's 5th most 20+ yard passes and and tied for 4th most 40+ yard passes.... I get you hate the dink and dunk but that isn't the only the we have been doing by any means and when you have the best YAC WR you probably try to get him the ball as much as you can.... Staff is 4th overall in yards tied for 3rd in passing TD's with 19 and 5 picks all while being the 2nd most sacked QB in the league with ZERO support from the run. And your beloved Drew Brees you'd take over Stafford right now will be 39 in January... Yeah I'd keep Stafford all day everyday and twice on Sunday.

Last edited:
He's 5th most 20+ yard passes and and tied for 4th most 40+ yard passes.... I get you hate the dink and dunk but that isn't the only the we have been doing by any means and when you have the best YAC WR you probably try to get him the ball as much as you can.... Staff is 4th overall in yards tied for 3rd in passing TD's with 19 and 5 picks all while being the 2nd most sacked QB in the league with ZERO support from the run. And your beloved Drew Brees you'd take over Stafford right now will be 39 in January... Yeah I'd keep Stafford all day everyday and twice on Sunday.

Think the discussion was for one year. Not counting age or contract.

Last edited:
Think the discussion was for one year. Not counting age or contract.

And I still for one year would pick Stafford over a non mobile one hit away from an injury Drew Brees although that might be unfair because really any QB is one hit/wrong cut away from being hurt but I'd still take Stafford.

LOL no. Wilson can't hold Staffords jock. Luckiest scramble in history. He will planted into the turf for good soon enough

He does that all the time though, I'd have to agree Wilson better than Stafford right now.

Back