Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Detroit 118 Celtics 108 Final

Thanks for making my point ..Who the fuck are these clowns ? I have never heard
Of them lol.. there are so many shows on these channels ...I have never seen them.
Ever.

so I pull a clip from ESPN and you aren't happy because the commentators are people you don't recognize?

Why do you care if people are talking about the Pistons anyway?

so I pull a clip from ESPN and you aren't happy because the commentators are people you don't recognize?

Why do you care if people are talking about the Pistons anyway?

It was the best game of the night and Detroit played really good in Boston .. For the NBA they should have lead with Detroit and not James .. but alas as have been mentioned we have no super star I guess. I wasn't sniping at you and I am glad you found the clip. I just get tired of East coast bias.

Last edited:
It was the best game of the night and Detroit played really good in Boston .. For the NBA they should have lead with Detroit and not James .. but alas as have been mentioned we have no super star I guess. I wasn't sniping at you and I am glad you found the clip. I just get tired of East coast bias.

but if it were east coast bias wouldn't they lead with Boston (right outside of ESPN headquarters)

ESPN leads with the stars. Lebron is the biggest star in US sports and Philly has two of the best young players in the NBA (Embiid & Simmons).

another ESPN article (positive Pistons press)

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...-things-like-including-houston-chris-paul-nba

3. The less predictable Pistons

Detroit finished last season 26th in points per possession, with perhaps the league's most predictable offense. It seemed like they toggled between three choreographed sets: limping Reggie Jackson-Andre Drummond pick-and-rolls; rote post-ups for Drummond; or Kentavious Caldwell-Pope zooming up from the left corner to take a handoff at the elbow.

The Pistons have injected some new randomness, and it has invigorated them. They are smoking teams with Warrior-style "split actions," usually involving Avery Bradley screening for someone on the wing while Drummond surveys. If Bradley senses his man cheating, he'll abort the pick and zip to the rim:

Some players cut at half-speed if the cut isn't designed for them to get the ball. That sabotages an offense. Strollers don't draw the extra help that gets teammates open.

Bradley might be the league's fastest, most fearsome cutter. He zigzags in sudden diagonal jolts; his sheer speed unnerves defenders. If Bradley spooks one help defender into lurching toward him, a teammate will have daylight:

Detroit's players are running about a half-mile more combined per game on offense this season over last, per NBA.com. They are throwing almost 20 more passes per game. Put it all together, and Detroit ranks seventh in points per possession.

Bradley and Drummond have refashioned Detroit's entire look and feel -- Bradley by cutting, Drummond with his willingness to step away from the post. Three-pointers have accounted for 33 percent of Detroit's shots this season, up from 26 percent last year, when they fought an uphill battle against math.

Jackson is healthy, and getting to the rim more of late. His pick-and-roll chemistry with Drummond survived last season's morass intact. Detroit's maligned starting lineup played opponents almost dead even in November, and has surged over the past five games. It has looked better than its numbers all season. Perhaps things are normalizing.

The Pistons spent most of last season in angst, fighting injuries and each other. A year later, they are the best story in the NBA.

Back