Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Shea Patterson

wheels002

A lot of people are saying its a done deal and he is headed to Michigan. No real word on the other two players but it wouldnt shock me to get all 3. As of now he would have to sit out the year but his dad seems to think they can win an appeal with the NCAA.

There's a part of me that thinks he wouldn't be going through all of this if they weren't confident he can get a waiver.

Otherwise, he'd want to just keep playing with Ole Miss, cluster or not, because he could still get a year of PT under his belt and impress for the NFL.

Yeah I have been thinking the same thing. Although if you ask an Ole Miss fan they will say he lost his job. But Shea did have really good numbers before he got hurt.

am I the only one reading all this and thinking "fuck, another self-inflicted QB controversy."

am I the only one reading all this and thinking "fuck, another self-inflicted QB controversy."

You are not, but there shouldn't be a controversy.

He's a renter for a championship and a playoff spot. @ND, @MSU, @OSU. We need this guy in a bad way. You beat all 3 and you are a legend forever. We have the defense to accomplish this. Even with our bad pass protection, he would have made those wide open throws that would have beaten Wisconsin, MSU and OSU and we would be in the playoff. This is also a guy who can run the read option if needed(when shit isnt going your way).

Last edited:
Do "we" want to make the team better?

Do we want to put ourselves in position to get Okorned again?

It's a no brainer if you ask me

I've read that Anderson is a done deal, as well. They are just waiting on paperwork now, supposedly. They aren't announcing anything, because they want to make sure everything is in compliance.

Some Michigan fans don't want Patterson to come here and it boggles my mind. People bitch and complained the last 2 years that we don't have a qb, then when a 5 star falls in your lap you don't want him? I'm not worried about some kid losing a starting spot and getting his feelings hurt at a D1 football program. This isn't tee-ball.

I have no idea why anyone would not want this kid on the team. He played in seven games last year and threw for more yards and TDs than our three QBs combined for over the course of the entire season.

I'm a tad worried about it. Does this mean jim and the coaches are not very happy with the progression of Peters and McCaffrey. Yeah it will be great to get him but he has battled injuries also. I would have perfered if one of the kids played but if he comes I will support the move for now but it better freaking work. Too bad they couldn't have gotten the left tackle . Now that would excite me because our line needs to be a lot better then it has.

Last edited:
I'm a tad worried about it. Does this mean jim and the coaches are not very happy with the progression of Peters and McCaffrey. Yeah it will be great to get him but he has battled injuries also. I would have perfered if one of the kids played but if he comes I will support the move for now but it better freaking work. Too bad they couldn't have gotten the left tackle . Now that would excite me because our line needs to be a lot better then it has.

You must have been the dude named bob that called in to Michael spaths radio show bitching about patterson coming here. Patterson is better than any qb we have right now. Peters didn't wow me at all with any plays he made this year. He played decently against 3 shit teams.

You must have been the dude named bob that called in to Michael spaths radio show bitching about patterson coming here. Patterson is better than any qb we have right now. Peters didn't wow me at all with any plays he made this year. He played decently against 3 shit teams.

I live in GR. Never heard of the show. You have your opionon and I have mine. Agree to disagree . It is shocking how thin Peters is after 2 years in system . I hope Peterson works out but he has been banged up and our line has not been great at keeping qb's healthy. I have called 1 radio show once in the last 5 years and it was about jabbing my eyes out with a pencil after how unpreaparded the Lions were after 10 days to prepare verses the Ravens .

Last edited:
Hasn't Patterson only had the one injury? He tore his PCL this year, but I don't know of any other injuries he's had.

... This isn't tee-ball.

oh, shit, it's not?

fuck, I've been posting under that misconception for over 10 years now.

I guess that explains a lot. like why the team wore football pads, instead of baseball uniforms, and why there was no tee.

Hasn't Patterson only had the one injury? He tore his PCL this year, but I don't know of any other injuries he's had.

Glad to hear it is only one injury . I had heard he was banged up both years he was at Mississippi. He played 3 games as a freshmen and 7 games this year . I think there were 2 qb's playing his freshmen season but I am unsure as I do not follow Mississippi. So in 2 years he has played 10 college games. More then Peters he has that going for him. Stats look ok to me other then the 17/9 td/int ratio.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/shea-patterson-1.html

Least his ex-teammate in high school is excited about getting him!!!

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sp...iss-football-recruit-visit-um-game/108461702/

yeah, my general concerns:

1) ole miss just got nailed for recruiting violations. how much baggage are these guys bringing with them?

2) so... year 4 we still haven't recruited and developed a starting QB.

3) we had 2 QBs knocked out this season and another benched. we really struggled to find consistency on offense, and made mind-boggling decisions to abandon things that worked in big games, and looked panicky. the solution PROBABLY is not "we just need even more QBs."

Last edited by a moderator:
but on the other hand, I guess getting more good players for not much effort is usually a good thing.

...assuming they fit in well, and benefit team chemistry.

(and so much for maintaining any pretense at having higher academic standards for our football team than fucking ole miss, but why should we care?)

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see the Patterson transfer as an indication of coaching failure or failure on the part of Peters or McCaffrey (red shirt with FOUR years of elig remaining) nor do I see the past three years as a sign of what is to come.

Rudock transferred in with starting experience and improved on a weekly basis under Harbaugh until getting drafted by the NFL, something that was not going to happen had he stayed at Iowa. Speight and O'Korn are basically 3* talent and Peters showed glimpses of why he had a 4* rating out of HS.

The trend to "rent a QB" is growing and a guy like Russell Wilson is remembered as a Badger, rather than a member of the Wolfpack. Most casual football fans have no idea Ryan Mallett played in A2, they just think of him as an SEC gunslinger at Arkansas.

So I say bring Patterson in. Everything I have read and heard about McCaffrey says he will be the real deal and the first legit Harbaugh QB recruit. In the mean time, we get a polished transfer with SEC starting experience to open 2018, as opposed to going with Peters or starting McCaffrey as a RS Frosh...?

I say let the QB competition begin!

Back