Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Looks like a ankle Sprain for Wagner

With Moe hurt it's time to see what Teske can do with a start and these next 3 games. Use Livers as a back up. He seems really good at getting rebounds right now. We may be a lot smaller without Wagner but this team plays the best zone of any Jb's teams in recent years. Simpson,Mathews, even maar, Robinson can get hands on balls . It would also hide guys like Robinson.
I would like to see a lot of Simpson, Poole , Brooks, and maybe even Simmons to show Point Guard improvement. Not sure what has happened to Watson. Him, and Simmons have not seen the court much.

He may be fine by Saturday.

I think I deleted one of your threads as I was trying to move these over here. Sorry can you repost it.. My computer clicks up if i don't wait to reload.. Sorry TW .

Last edited:
He may be fine by Saturday.

True.. My 9th and 10th grade seasons at Haslett High I have great memories for both of my ankles being taped before games. 10th grade it was both of them all season. It wasn't good. They hurt real bad but you can play on them tapped up.
I was not tall enough for varsity my jr and senior season. (I was bummed when coach said i was to short and couldn't handle the ball good enough).
Damn it I was the 5'10 6th or 7th man !! The the defensive stopper!!!! I always found garbage points. I was called Base line Bob !!! my only real shot lol.. After varsity football my jr year i had had my left ankle reconstructed and I was limping badly in the gm trying to get back and the coach was screaming at me. I said fuck this Im done. Wrote him a note and left for my girlfriends house for you know what lol...

Last edited:
True.. My 9th and 10th grade seasons at Haslett High I have great memories for both of my ankles being taped before games. 10th grade it was both of them all season. I wasn't good
or tall enough for varsity my jr and senior season. (I was bummed when coach said i was to short and couldn't handle the ball good enough).
Damn it I was the 5'10 6th or 7th man !! The the defensive stopper!!!! I always found garbage points. I was called Base line Bob !!! my only real shot lol.. After varsity football my jr year i had had my left ankle reconstructed and I was limping badly in the gm trying to get back and the coach was screaming at me. I said fuck this Im done. Wrote him a note and left for my girlfriends house for you know what lol...

I severely sprained my ankle on a Thursday night walk through my senior year. Came down on someone's foot grabbing a rebound. The whole gym stopped because the pop was so loud. Put it in an ice bath the rest of the walk through, hobbled through school the next day, and then had the trainer tape it up before our game. Told the coach I was good to go.

The other team was dumb enough to play a 2-3 that Friday night. I hit 5 threes from the volleyball line in the 1st quarter. My buddy on the other team got benched for yelling at his coach "I told you a fucking 2-3 wouldn't work with him!". We were up by so much at halftime that I got the 2nd half to rest my ankle. Pretty fun game. I actually made a bunch of friends from the other school on spring break that year. They all remembered me as "that fucker who hit all the threes". Most of us are still friends to this day.

I severely sprained my ankle on a Thursday night walk through my senior year. Came down on someone's foot grabbing a rebound. The whole gym stopped because the pop was so loud. Put it in an ice bath the rest of the walk through, hobbled through school the next day, and then had the trainer tape it up before our game. Told the coach I was good to go.

The other team was dumb enough to play a 2-3 that Friday night. I hit 5 threes from the volleyball line in the 1st quarter. My buddy on the other team got benched for yelling at his coach "I told you a fucking 2-3 wouldn't work with him!". We were up by so much at halftime that I got the 2nd half to rest my ankle. Pretty fun game. I actually made a bunch of friends from the other school on spring break that year. They all remembered me as "that fucker who hit all the threes". Most of us are still friends to this day.

That is so cool hitting threes like that .. No 3pt line in my time which I couldnt hit anyway lol. I had forgot about the popping sound it could make . The first time I did it was running from out apartment to the garbage dumpster hit a small hole and it pop so bad and loud I thought I broke it. Limped back my dad said it wasn't broke we iced it and it was all down hill from there , it sure was black and blue though .

I did get to play with a three point line in the late 80's early 90's on a city league team and was the coach and we had a great team finshed second at 11-3 funny we beat the best team in the league twice . They were real good ..12-2 and some really good athletes.that could dunk and play but we had two 6'5 big dorks and a bunch of us hustlers. Damn third place team beat us twice sadly they were 10-4. City leagues. Can't have everyone show. My best game every was in one of those . We were down 10 with 1.30 left and staged a amazing comback. I scored 10 in the last minute and got the steal and pass for the winner I hit 2 threes, one 2pointer and 2 ft. Our 2-2-1 press trap got us some steals .it was fun playing softball and hoops before my back went bad ..heck that was way back before 1992 to 94 I think.. slow pitch softball was fun too.

Last edited:
That is so cool hitting threes like that .. No 3pt line in my time which I couldnt hit anyway lol. I had forgot about the popping sound it could make . The first time I did it was running from out apartment to the garbage dumpster hit a small hole and it pop so bad and loud I thought I broke it. Limped back my dad said it wasn't broke we iced it and it was all down hill from there , it sure was black and blue though .

I did get to play with a three point line in the late 80's early 90's on a city league team and was the coach and we had a great team finshed second at 11-3 funny we beat the best team in the league twice . They were real good ..12-2 and some really good athletes.that could dunk and play but we had two 6'5 big dorks and a bunch of us hustlers. Damn third place team beat us twice sadly they were 10-4. City leagues. Can't have everyone show. My best game every was in one of those . We were down 10 with 1.30 left and staged a amazing comback. I scored 10 in the last minute and got the steal and pass for the winner I hit 2 threes, one 2pointer and 2 ft. Our 2-2-1 press trap got us some steals .it was fun playing softball and hoops before my back went bad ..heck that was way back before 1992 to 94 I think.. slow pitch softball was fun too.

It was nice how fast you could heal when you were young! Ankle sprain was a couple days max. I sprained mine, severely, playing softball a few years ago. Infield/outfield transition down the 1st base line was uneven ground. Rolled it both ways. Took a couple of months before it felt even close to right.

Love hearing hooping stories from people. Yours is a good one! Always feels great when you beat the best team in those leagues.

Basketball has always been my thing. Hell, my first sentence of my life was "I shoot ball". I ended up being pretty good. Had plenty of D2 and D3 offers and Oakland offered me right when they turning D1. I visited Oakland and liked the arena, but wasn't wild about attending there. Campus was nice, but I was still hoping to get offered by a bigger school. Ended up at Ball State and got offered to be a walk-on with them. I passed because I knew it would drive me crazy just practicing and never getting in a game. My best day ever was a 3 on 3 tournament we did in practice. Scored every point of a game to 21 against BSU's three best players. That was how I got offered my spot.

Even though I passed it up, I still hooped with the guys and practiced with them over the summer. It was pretty awesome my freshman year watching them go out to Maui and upset #4 Kansas and #3 UCLA back to back. Lost by 10 to #1 Duke in the final. BSU had not had a big win since then until we beat NDSucks this year!

It was nice how fast you could heal when you were young! Ankle sprain was a couple days max. I sprained mine, severely, playing softball a few years ago. Infield/outfield transition down the 1st base line was uneven ground. Rolled it both ways. Took a couple of months before it felt even close to right.

Love hearing hooping stories from people. Yours is a good one! Always feels great when you beat the best team in those leagues.

Basketball has always been my thing. Hell, my first sentence of my life was "I shoot ball". I ended up being pretty good. Had plenty of D2 and D3 offers and Oakland offered me right when they turning D1. I visited Oakland and liked the arena, but wasn't wild about attending there. Campus was nice, but I was still hoping to get offered by a bigger school. Ended up at Ball State and got offered to be a walk-on with them. I passed because I knew it would drive me crazy just practicing and never getting in a game. My best day ever was a 3 on 3 tournament we did in practice. Scored every point of a game to 21 against BSU's three best players. That was how I got offered my spot.

Even though I passed it up, I still hooped with the guys and practiced with them over the summer. It was pretty awesome my freshman year watching them go out to Maui and upset #4 Kansas and #3 UCLA back to back. Lost by 10 to #1 Duke in the final. BSU had not had a big win since then until we beat NDSucks this year!

I was never that good wow !!!
Holy shit a walk on at Ball st. Even if you did pass on it that is a great honor to even get that far. Ball st. was pretty good back in the day. You must have been pretty dang good . I love hoops . Had a basketball put on my high school ring even if I was only good enough for 2 years lol. My best other story was when I moved to Houston around 1983ish for 6 months. I worked a bit but decided to go to the park every day in the morning. I didn't have any preconceived notions about color. I treated everyone the same . But I was the only white guy that showed up and it took forever for them to let me play the first day . Final they needed another runner and I was put on a team. I played decent and hustled and hit a few shots and at the park if you can run and don't back down it just didn't matter . It was a blast . Some of those park players were so damn good. I learned to become a better passer lol.
It was a fun few weeks.

Last edited:
I was never that good wow !!!
Holy shit a walk on at Ball st. Even if you did pass on it that is a great honor to even get that far. Ball st. was pretty good back in the day. You must have been pretty dang good . I love hoops . Had a basketball put on my high school ring even if I was only good enough for 2 years lol. My best other story was when I moved to Houston around 1983ish for 6 months. I worked a bit but decided to go to the park every day in the morning. I didn't have any preconceived notions about color. I treated everyone the same . But I was the only white guy that showed up and it took forever for them to let me play the first day . Final they needed another runner and I was put on a team. I played decent and hustled and hit a few shots and at the park if you can run and don't back down it just didn't matter . It was a blast . Some of those park players were so damn good. I learned to become a better passer lol.
It was a fun few weeks.

I had the same type of park that really made me a better player when I was young. My grandparents lived in a rougher part of Indy and everyone hooped together. Some really fun weekends on the court there! No shortage of talent on the court here in Indiana. When I grew up, basketball was a religion here.

Back