Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Soccer Now Outdrawing NBA and NHL

I remember going to some Detroit Rockers games as a Cub Scout, back in the day. that was indoor soccer though.

I remember going to some Detroit Rockers games as a Cub Scout, back in the day. that was indoor soccer though.

Same, we used to get free tickets. I only remember Chapman (player/coach) and "Goose" Finnerty (goalie). Was always a good time and it made me interested in playing outdoor soccer. I remember the Detroit Neon too but didn't go to any of their games, I don't think their league lasted as long.

I remember a Detroit team that had the bald guy Drago on it, but can't remember what their name was.

I'm not sure where you would want to open the stadium, however. I actually think you might get a better draw in the suburbs vs Detroit.

If Michigan had an MLS team in like Novi for instance, I'd be at every game.

Last edited:
I remember a Detroit team that had the bald guy Drago on it, but can't remember what their name was.

I'm not sure where you would want to open the stadium, however. I actually think you might get a better draw in the suburbs vs Detroit.

If Michigan had an MLS team in like Novi for instance, I'd be at every game.

I think it was the Detroit Rockers. They also had a team, Detroit Neon, at the same time. Though Detroit Neon was originally the Detroit Safari. Confusing..

Last edited:
Drago Dumbovic? It was the Rockers mainly, but I believe a little for the Neon too. He was Saginaw Valley State's women's soccer coach for about 10 years. Don't think he does anymore though.

Last edited:
Soccer is the most boring sport on the planet which is why all the games have fans who are over-intoxicated. They don't go for the gme, they go to get drunk, and then it is akin to NASCAR where they are waiting for a fight to break out in the stands.

Just my opinion andnif people want to watch it, enjoy! There are literally trillions of things I would rather do.

Oh, and NBA sucks almost as much these days. I really don't understand how they can stay in business when such a small percentage of teams are good.

Soccer is the most boring sport on the planet which is why all the games have fans who are over-intoxicated. They don't go for the gme, they go to get drunk, and then it is akin to NASCAR where they are waiting for a fight to break out in the stands.

Just my opinion andnif people want to watch it, enjoy! There are literally trillions of things I would rather do.

Oh, and NBA sucks almost as much these days. I really don't understand how they can stay in business when such a small percentage of teams are good.

jKQeXPS.gif

Back