Go Back   DetroitSportsForum > Off topic > Diggler's Junk

Old 10-10-2017, 07:12 AM   #61

haha so initially the NRA joined in saying bump stocks should be banned.

now enough time has passed that they figure no one cares anymore, and they can start the "let's not be too hasty about banning things" bullshit. fuck them.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 10-10-2017, 08:38 AM   #62

Yeah I knew they were full of shit when it was first annouced like they always are.
FIND A DAMN RUNNING BACK!

Last edited by biggunsbob; 10-10-2017 at 08:38 AM.
Old 10-10-2017, 09:54 AM   #63

Naked greed and sheer arrogance rule here in 21st century Murka, from the Offal Orifice on down. The RW doesn't even try to hide it anymore. The NRA knows that most Murkins are becoming increasingly desensitized to horrific and senseless violence, and only have to wait out the 48 hour news cycle's focus, and the jaded public's week or two outrage, before going back to business as usual.

Old 10-10-2017, 03:46 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsbob View Post
Yeah I knew they were full of shit when it was first annouced like they always are.
I don't think they changed their position....they just don't want new restrictions on semi-automatic weapons. Really, this is on the ATF for saying they are legal in the first place.

From the article:

Adding to the uncertainty over the devices, the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives said last week it was in no position to re-examine its 2010 judgment that bump stocks were legal and that Congress would have to act.

"We think ATF ought to do its job, look at this, and draw a bright line," said Wayne LaPierre, CEO of the National Rifle Association. He said the group has been clear in supporting current law that bans fully automatic firearms and is concerned that action by Congress could "fuzz the line" such as by imposing new restrictions on semi-automatic weapons.
Old 10-10-2017, 04:50 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomdalton22 View Post
I don't think they changed their position....they just don't want new restrictions on semi-automatic weapons. Really, this is on the ATF for saying they are legal in the first place.

From the article:

Adding to the uncertainty over the devices, the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives said last week it was in no position to re-examine its 2010 judgment that bump stocks were legal and that Congress would have to act.

"We think ATF ought to do its job, look at this, and draw a bright line," said Wayne LaPierre, CEO of the National Rifle Association. He said the group has been clear in supporting current law that bans fully automatic firearms and is concerned that action by Congress could "fuzz the line" such as by imposing new restrictions on semi-automatic weapons.
Whatever who cares. Certainly not the nra. Does it matter what that group says .They only want one thing. When your born you get a gun issued to you .

Last edited by biggunsbob; 10-11-2017 at 09:11 AM.
Old 10-11-2017, 08:54 AM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsbob View Post
When your born you get a gun issued to you .
Close. They want you to buy that gun though. They don't care who has a gun, they care how many people are paying for guns.
Old 10-11-2017, 09:15 AM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulo Blue View Post
Close. They want you to buy that gun though. They don't care who has a gun, they care how many people are paying for guns.
Yeah its really sad how political the are and how easy it is since Citzens Untied to influence our politics. Glad my dad tore up his Nar card when he was still alive. When the called and asked why he told them to stop backing the Gop. Sad how much influence they have.

Last edited by biggunsbob; 10-12-2017 at 02:10 PM.
Old 10-12-2017, 12:34 PM   #68

a lawsuit...that didn't take too long.

A California college student injured in the Las Vegas music festival massacre filed a lawsuit Wednesday against the hotel owners, the concert promoter and bump stock manufacturers, claiming they were all liable in the mass shooting.

The claims against MGM Resorts International, which owns both Mandalay Bay and the concert venue that hosted the festival, raise more questions about a timeline that has changed numerous times -- and, according to Clark County Sheriff Joe Lombardo, could change again. The suit also questions why hotel staff didn't notice gunman Stephen Paddock's behavior in several instances.

Specifically, the lawsuit accuses MGM of failing to respond in a timely manner to the "shooting of Mandalay Bay security officer Jesus Campos, who had gone to the 32nd floor to check on an alert from another guest room and who was shot six minutes prior to" the massacre beginning.

Last edited by tomdalton22; 10-12-2017 at 12:35 PM.
Old 10-12-2017, 05:58 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomdalton22 View Post
a lawsuit...that didn't take too long.

A California college student injured in the Las Vegas music festival massacre filed a lawsuit Wednesday against the hotel owners, the concert promoter and bump stock manufacturers, claiming they were all liable in the mass shooting.

The claims against MGM Resorts International, which owns both Mandalay Bay and the concert venue that hosted the festival, raise more questions about a timeline that has changed numerous times -- and, according to Clark County Sheriff Joe Lombardo, could change again. The suit also questions why hotel staff didn't notice gunman Stephen Paddock's behavior in several instances.

Specifically, the lawsuit accuses MGM of failing to respond in a timely manner to the "shooting of Mandalay Bay security officer Jesus Campos, who had gone to the 32nd floor to check on an alert from another guest room and who was shot six minutes prior to" the massacre beginning.
whatever the merits of the lawsuit, I've thought the timeline was a little off. seems the police should've known what room he was in pretty quickly, but he was shooting people for a very long time.
Old 10-13-2017, 09:20 AM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by michchamp View Post
whatever the merits of the lawsuit, I've thought the timeline was a little off. seems the police should've known what room he was in pretty quickly, but he was shooting people for a very long time.
I heard on the radio in a discussion on the publicity and online fascination helping to enable these types of attacks that he had done things to slow the police.