Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Amazing soldier veteran of 4 wars

Jeez, that guy got shot a lot of times.

throwing his own glass eye out the window is pretty crazy as well. Ahhh. Imagine finding that? "Excuse me sir, your eyeball fell out."

This article is obviously bogus, the First Boer War was in 1880-1. The Second Boer War started in 1889. (I am obviously kidding, he is considered a hero in Poland).

It is even less impressive when you know what Boer means. Boer = Farmer.

He was actually a military advisor during the Polish-Soviet war and NOT regularly on the front lines.

Also Soviet Russia is just 1 of over a dozen states which comprised the Soviet Union. Calling the Soviet Union, Soviet Russia is a false statement.

London was never the front line during WWII since Germany never invaded mainland England. Nor did Germany want war with the British in the first place.

Minus the few inaccuracies and blatent plagerism from Wiki, is an okay article. I recall the Journal of Slavic Military Studies had a vastly superior version.

This article is obviously bogus, the First Boer War was in 1880-1. The Second Boer War started in 1889. (I am obviously kidding, he is considered a hero in Poland).

It is even less impressive when you know what Boer means. Boer = Farmer.

He was actually a military advisor during the Polish-Soviet war and NOT regularly on the front lines.

Also Soviet Russia is just 1 of over a dozen states which comprised the Soviet Union. Calling the Soviet Union, Soviet Russia is a false statement.

London was never the front line during WWII since Germany never invaded mainland England. Nor did Germany want war with the British in the first place.

Minus the few inaccuracies and blatent plagerism from Wiki, is an okay article. I recall the Journal of Slavic Military Studies had a vastly superior version.

Post it by all means ..we need the correct info !!!!
I think your tad off on the homeland PW .. it said he was hurt during the Blitz. Which in fact did happened unless i read it wrong.I think after the Boer, and world war 1 he was mostly in the advisor type capacity. Doesn't men he wasn't shot at though. Guy lead a amazing life but hardly had any money when he died in 1963.

Amazing photo.

https://www.google.com/search?q=adr...AUICSgD&biw=601&bih=962#imgrc=y6WpVxDS9YeGpM:

Last edited:
Yes Germany bombed England, but that in no way makes it a front line.

Bad ass of the week article much much much better. Although he couldn't have been aide to the Polish King as; 1. Poland was not a Monarchy and 2. technically the last Polish King was executed by the Communists in 1918, aka Nicholas II of Russia. Although all Polish territory was given to Germany as part of the Brest-Litwoski treaty taking Russia out of the WWI.

If he was in Eastern Poland in 1939 it would most likely have been Soviet Union and not Germans invading the territory where that estate was.

Didn't remember he was part of Sikorski's tourists. When all hope was lost following the Soviet invasion Polish troops were ordered to cross Rumanian border and make their way to the Black sea where they would be smuggled out of the country. The bulk of the remaining forces using false passports, bribes, and "escaping" from POW camps made their way to Black sea where ships took them to Middle East, North Africa, and France.

First article did say the Soviets in fact took his stuff in Poland. As you know they didn't want the Nazi's to get all the land in Poland. Also I think your nitpicking the article. Maybe it shouldn't have used homefront but his house was bomb. Writer just used the wrong word. I wonder if his book is worth reading?

Last edited:
man, Poland in 1939... bad place to be, especially once the USSR invaded from the east.

In that situation, pretty much all you can do is throw in the towel and GTFO as fast as you can.

SOLJWF

France was supposed to attack Germany from the West which it never did. The Siegfried line (German fortification line along French border) was extremely vulnerable at that time. But alas, France entered the war begrudgingly. In private the French government begged England not to declare war. The English declaration of war forced the hand of France.

Even had the French attacked, the invasion from the east spelt entire ruin.
17-wrze%C5%9Bnia.jpg

Back