Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Ben Carter gets 6th year

johnny2x2x

Huge surprise, I thought it was cut and dry since he transferred twice. NCAA did the right thing here and really happy for this kid to get a chance to play one more season. He's been a fantastic teammate since coming here by all accounts.

LOL.
Last year we had 6-8 Ward, 6-6 Bridges, and 6-6 Goins as our only front court players. This year we have:
6-11 Jackson
6-8 Ward
6-9 Schilling
6-9 Carter
6-9 Tillman
6-6 Goins
6-6 Bridges

No idea what we will get out of Carter this season, but he's another skilled big body that ensures that 6-4 Ahrens will never have to play the 4 or 5 again.

Last edited:
RIP Kenny Groins

Goins will still get minutes, but in a much reduced role that he can be more successful at. He'll play the 3 and 4 and add energy and instant rebounding. Carter will be a 5-7 minute guy hopefully.

Goins will still get minutes, but in a much reduced role that he can be more successful at. He'll play the 3 and 4 and add energy and instant rebounding. Carter will be a 5-7 minute guy hopefully.

If Carter is coming back it better be for more than 5 minutes a game. Goins should never touch the floor with the depth we have.

If Carter is coming back it better be for more than 5 minutes a game. Goins should never touch the floor with the depth we have.

Goins was great for us two years ago in a much smaller role off the bench. Remember when he would come in for like 4 minutes and grab 7 rebounds in a row? He can guard the 3 and some 4s, he blocks out, scraps for loose balls, can finish with the dunk, and can hit the open 12 foot J. He's going to play and be valuable. What we won't see is him getting big minutes ever or him guarding a 7 footer. Goins will get more minutes than Carter.

Schilling will get a lot of minutes too.

We still have 1 open scholarship. Look to add a combo guard who can hit the 3, play defense in the perimeter, and occasionally play point.

CBS preseason poll has us #1.

Last edited:

I absolutely agree with this. I thank Goins for doing his best and helping our depleted front court for 2 years, but I don't want him seeing the floor unless it's with the walk-ons up 30.

Back