Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

JD traded to the Diamondbacks....

JD with his first hit for his new team last night, it was a 3 run dinger

Last edited:
Perhaps if the Tigers can parlay their likely top 10/15 draft picks over the next several years, into some successes, then maybe the franchise could begin to field contending teams again by the early-mid-20s. Not all that thrilled with their scouting, but the higher the picks...

Another thing in their favor is being in the ALCD, which has the most small-market franchises out of all the MLB divisions. Obviously Cle/KC/Minny have to turn over their rosters more often to avoid having high payrolls, but Det and Chi have to be more aggressive than they have been, so that they can avoid entering into big-market payrolls and become stuck with untradeable past their prime stars, with overlong and expensive contracts.

Last edited:
Perhaps if the Tigers can parlay their likely top 10/15 draft picks over the next several years, into some successes, then maybe the franchise could begin to field contending teams again by the early-mid-20s. Not all that thrilled with their scouting, but the higher the picks...

Another thing in their favor is being in the ALCD, which has the most small-market franchises out of all the MLB divisions. Obviously Cle/KC/Minny have to turn over their rosters more often to avoid having high payrolls, but Det and Chi have to be more aggressive than they have been, so that they can avoid entering into big-market payrolls and become stuck with untradeable past their prime stars, with overlong and expensive contracts.

Unless they suddenly know how do draft better I'm not sure I see that..

JD Martinez's 11 RBI are the most by a Dbacks player through his first 6 games with the team.

JD is just silly off the chain for the D-backs
23 HR's in 46 games just sick
I don't think we got nearly enough for this trade

Last edited:
JD is just silly off the chain for the D-backs
23 HR's in 46 games just sick
I don't think we got nearly enough for this trade

The market just wasn't there. We got what we could. It's not like he's cheap and under team control. He's a rental.

Impressive stretch right now though. Earning some BIG $$$$

Sad seeing all these former Tiger do well for other teams. I would feel better about it if we had won a WS title but when Cleveland wins the world series this year it will be the Tigers as the longest team in the AL central with a WS drought.

Last edited:
Sad seeing all these former Tiger do well for other teams. I would feel better about it if we had won a WS title but when Cleveland wins the world series this year it will be the Tigers as the longest team in the AL central with a WS drought.

I'm glad they are doing well...I just wish they would have played better when they were here.

I'm glad they are doing well...I just wish they would have played better when they were here.

You can point to the manager and coaches for that. Oh wait...no...not you. It is all on the players and the fact they move on and do better is irrelevant.

You can point to the manager and coaches for that. Oh wait...no...not you. It is all on the players and the fact they move on and do better is irrelevant.

no...it's ballpark factors...according to you it's all about home and away splits

MLB named J.D. Martinez the NL Player of the Week for 2nd consecutive week. Hit .435 (10-for-23) w/ 8 R, 3 2B, 3 HR & 6 RBI over 6 games.

JD Martinez will go down as one of greatest mid-season acquisitions of a position player in history; 29 homers, 65 RBI in 2 months.

Fewest PA in 45+ HR season
McGwire 548 (1996)
BBonds 550 (2003)
HAaron 573 (1971)

(JD Martinez has 45 HR in 479 PA w/3 games left).

Back