Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Abdullah latest

Wake me up when he's a productive NFL player. And that includes staying healthy.

http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2017/5/31/15717456/ameer-abdullah-lisfranc-injury-recovery-time
Ameer Abdullah admits to suffering Lisfranc injury in 2016.
The Lions starting running back is fully healthy now, but opened up about his serious injury in 2016.
PrideOfDetroit

terrible injury for a RB

from the article

Even in the best-case scenario, midfoot osteoarthritis can develop following Lisfranc injuries—especially after those requiring surgery. The dreaded complication is chronic, progressive and can produce significant stiffness and chronic pain, drastically reducing the foot's functionality. Without optimal foot strength and flexibility, making a career as a running back in the NFL can become quite difficult—if not impossible.

Last edited:
terrible injury for a RB

from the article

Even in the best-case scenario, midfoot osteoarthritis can develop following Lisfranc injuries?especially after those requiring surgery. The dreaded complication is chronic, progressive and can produce significant stiffness and chronic pain, drastically reducing the foot's functionality. Without optimal foot strength and flexibility, making a career as a running back in the NFL can become quite difficult?if not impossible.

fml...

Read the entire article. Many have been more successful after lisfranc. See leveon bell. Also abdullah is looking very heatlthy with no limitstions at otas

Read the entire article. Many have been more successful after lisfranc. See leveon bell. Also abdullah is looking very heatlthy with no limitstions at otas

He didn't say you can't be healthy but the chances to re-injure are higher.. Like after you get a concussion, chance of a second goes up..

When J.D. Martinez the Tigers RF'er had this same Lisfranc injury and missed the first 7 weeks of the season, I was trying to remember which other Detroit sports team player suffered a similar injury and I couldn't remember,
(did think of Magglio, but then his injury/surgery was in the knee and he had out of the country surgery).

Mentioned it in a post and Mitch iirc, when Abdullah initially got injured,
I thought that maybe this was the type injury. I guess suspicions were confirmed.
I wonder if he will wear some type of football shoe insert to cushion shock of running? or do they anyway?
https://www.protalus.com/products/m...CNR2aFH-5mmL56BoC6rHw_wcB&variant=30692757074

When J.D. Martinez the Tigers RF'er had this same Lisfranc injury and missed the first 7 weeks of the season, I was trying to remember which other Detroit sports team player suffered a similar injury and I couldn't remember,
(did think of Magglio, but then his injury/surgery was in the knee and he had out of the country surgery).

Mentioned it in a post and Mitch iirc, when Abdullah initially got injured,
I thought that maybe this was the type injury. I guess suspicions were confirmed.
I wonder if he will wear some type of football shoe insert to cushion shock of running? or do they anyway?
https://www.protalus.com/products/m...CNR2aFH-5mmL56BoC6rHw_wcB&variant=30692757074

I don't think JD's was a bad injury. I don't think he required surgery. I would also suspect that this type of injury would be worse for a RB

I don't think JD's was a bad injury. I don't think he required surgery. I would also suspect that this type of injury would be worse for a RB

JD was fortunate his wasn't near as bad as Abdullah's or he would be lost for the season.

Completely trust Quinn on this and he obviously has some faith in Abdullah or they would have drafted a RB. They didn't. Blount was in play at one point but that never happened. In comes Asiata. Can't be mad for grabbing insurance in case AA goes down. Make or break yr for Abdullah. Might see a 1st rd RB next yr. Hopefully not....

Last edited:
If AA doesn't have 1,200 plus yards from scrimmage this year, time to move on. He did deserve another crack at it this year though. No problem with the Lions not going after one of the top guys.

Last edited:
170 carries for Abdullah. Either 714 yards (4.2 YPC like his rookie year) or 4.5 YPC for 765 yards. 4.5 was 12th for running backs last year (Derrick Henry)

714 yards would put him 24th in the league last year. 765 makes him 23rd so not a big difference

714 yards +500 yards (50 receptions for 10 Yards per catch) receiving would be good production

Last edited:
714 yards +500 yards (50 receptions for 10 Yards per catch) receiving would be good production

That would work for me, but that's how his career shouldve started. He needs to stay healthy and have a break out sort of year

2nd round pick is very high for a RB. After years of improving the oline time and time again....if you have a 2nd rd pick that cant crack the top 23 in rushing....see ya later.

The top 23 all had 190 carries or way more. This was 170 for abdullah. Can he be a 200 carry or more back.

All purpose yards 1200 would be good

And like i showed. Abdullah can be 23rd and lion can be 9th in rushing yards. All about the team having 70 more carries in the season and riddick and zenner improving slightly from 3.9 and 3.8 ypc to 4.0 ypc. They can with the improved oline and te blocking

Last edited:
Back