Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Purdue

MSUMatt28

The refs are not the reason we're losing this game, but I am pretty sure the Big Ten has the worst collection of officials of any sport at any level. Period.

Last edited:
And now Harris is gone on a stretcher. Hard to tell from the replay, but maybe a broken leg.

EDIT: Guess it's a knee injury of some sort. Severity undetermined.

Last edited:
I hate seeing Harris get hurt, but now it forces Izzo to play Ellis more. That kid has earned more minutes.

Got absolutely manhandled. Heartbreaking watch Harris go down. I can't tell you how many times I've screamed "if only we had a center" this season. Purdue and Michigan are two teams I hate with a passion when it comes to basketball. It's mostly due to their fans. Purdue was chanting "our house" when MSU has owned them there. But I guess they have to beat their chest while they have the chance

Got absolutely manhandled. Heartbreaking watch Harris go down. I can't tell you how many times I've screamed "if only we had a center" this season. Purdue and Michigan are two teams I hate with a passion when it comes to basketball. It's mostly due to their fans. Purdue was chanting "our house" when MSU has owned them there. But I guess they have to beat their chest while they have the chance

Purdue would beat us 95 times of 100 if we played. We have absolutely no answer for them inside it's just a manhandling.

And while it was a nice display of sportsmanship by Purdue today and I don't hate them like I do Michigan, Wisconsin, Ohio state, Indiana etc I think it's cute how they think they're some good program. Last time they made a Final Four there weren't even 64+ teams in the field, ultimate March choke artists. What a joke.

Purdue is a wannabe program on the level of say NC State or Texas. Every so often can get into a Sweet 16 or contend in their conference, but is mostly insignificant. And that's in their "good" sport.

Last edited:
Harris is out for the year. Knee

I'm not a Harris fan. He isn't a very good player.....that said......hate to see his career end this way. Seems like a great kid.

The good is that his shots will go to someone else.....the bad news it will probably be McQuaid and Langford.

I think Ellis will start, but I"m not sure he can give us much more than he is right now. Langford is the one who's production needs to go up. He's shown all the different skills at different times. 3-pt accuracy, driving to the hoop when he decides to, and a mid-range game. He just needs to go do these things more frequently.

I had also seen it suggested to go with the 2 point guard look, and that is a possibility too. However with us already small in the front court, I don't think getting smaller in the backcourt is the answer.

Last edited:
Back