Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tillman vs Loyer Class A final

gotime909

Clearly a matchup of the 2 best teams in Class A. They've both been pretty much rolling everyone in their path.

I've seen Tillman a few times, but have never seen Loyer.

After seeing what Tillman and GRC did to Muskegon and the embarrassment they put on UofM bound Isaiah Livers and Kalamazoo Central, I'm guessing it's gonna take a monster effort from Loyer.

Clarkston up 5 at the half. Loyer has some serious range and Tillman has great vision. Both in double digits scoring. I'm betting around 5 assists for Tillman.

Clarkston hangs on to win coach Fife his first state championship.

We are getting two VERY smart and talented kids.

Clearly a matchup of the 2 best teams in Class A. They've both been pretty much rolling everyone in their path.

I've seen Tillman a few times, but have never seen Loyer.

After seeing what Tillman and GRC did to Muskegon and the embarrassment they put on UofM bound Isaiah Livers and Kalamazoo Central, I'm guessing it's gonna take a monster effort from Loyer.

Doesn't GRC have 2 to 3 division one kids ? Does Central have any others besides Livers? Just curious I was looking to see if they did ? Both Beck and Tillman where great after KC cut lead to 31-30. 19 -1 run made the score what it was. Embarrassing is pretty strong Livers did have a double double albeit 11/10... I wonder how many minutes each will get next year as freshman ?

Doesn't GRC have 2 to 3 division one kids ? Does Central have any others besides Livers? Just curious I was looking to see if they did ? Both Beck and Tillman where great after KC cut lead to 31-30. 19 -1 run made the score what it was. Embarrassing is pretty strong Livers did have a double double albeit 11/10... I wonder how many minutes each will get next year as freshman ?

Minutes will be tough to come by for Tillman next year with Ward returning, Schilling back in the mix and Jaren Jackson coming aboard. Heck we're still not out of the running for Brandon McCoy yet either, which all would make for a VERY crowded frontcourt (a far cry from this season). I'd expect him to be a significant contributor the next season.

Last edited:
Minutes will be tough to come by for Tillman next year with Ward returning, Schilling back in the mix and Jaren Jackson coming aboard. Heck we're still not out of the running for Brandon McCoy yet either, which all would make for a VERY crowded frontcourt (a far cry from this season). I'd expect him to be a significant contributor the next season.

I think so to. The kid is really really good.

I went to the game. Livers was held scoreless in the first half. He scored most of his pts in the 4th once it was out of hand. Central had some pretty decent guards that were able to keep it close in the 3rd, but Beck went to work on Livers late 4th/early 4th that put it away.

I went to the game. Livers was held scoreless in the first half. He scored most of his pts in the 4th once it was out of hand. Central had some pretty decent guards that were able to keep it close in the 3rd, but Beck went to work on Livers late 4th/early 4th that put it away.

Isn't beck a wing/guard ? How the hell is 6'8 Livers suppose keep up with Beck who is faster? And who guarded Tillman ? Sounds like the depth for GRC was fantasic this year as normal and the difference in this game .I just hope Livers can produce as a freshmen a tad. The Beck/Tillman combo was to much for every team but one.

Last edited:
Isn't beck a wing/guard ? How the hell is 6'8 Livers suppose keep up with Beck who is faster? And who guarded Tillman ? Sounds like the depth for GRC was fantasic this year as normal and the difference in this game .I just hope Livers can produce as a freshmen a tad. The Beck/Tillman combo was to much for every team but one.

http://247sports.com/Player/James-Beck-93880 They were almost clones of each other.

They had a guy that was like 6'5" maybe 250 guarding Tillman with a double most of the time. He actually did a pretty decent job in the 2nd half.

Back