Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Is Bill O'Reilly in serious trouble ?

Probably not on this board but alot of people watch Fixed News and Billy. It will be interesting to see if we will ever find out how much he/Fox will have to spend to get him out of this one. Advertisers are dropping him as of right now.

Last edited:
1) he is a bad person;

2) he should not be on tv; his show is toxic waste; and

3) he and his boss Roger Ailes are both bad people and should be in jail.

This gets us closer to 2 & 3.

Fox News is fair and balanced. :hehe:

1) he is a bad person;

2) he should not be on tv; his show is toxic waste; and

3) he and his boss Roger Ailes are both bad people and should be in jail.

This gets us closer to 2 & 3.

Well they're a pair of assholes and that's hard to disagree with.

But that said nothing I've heard about them should land either of those two assholes in jail.

Instead they should probably both be mandated to take an Econ class.

They would learn on monumentally less expensive it is to pay a hooker than it is to pay an employee in a sexual harassment lawsuit.

Now technically in the United States hiring a hooker is a crime in most places, but it is fairly on in enforced.

It's always the same in these situations ...guys like Roger Ailes and Bill O'Reilly truly came to national prominence as a 'thing' because of Monica Lewinski's cum-stained dress and the Holier Than Thou condemnation of Bill Clinton's vulgar and base behavior.

Turns out, at the same time, O'Reilly is telling co-worker Andrea Mackris about how he's fantasized about sticking http://www.thesmokinggun.com/file/oreilly-suit-turns-10?page=15 a loofa into her vagina while showering with her in the Caribbean.

I've viewed Bill-O as irrelevant for many years, but I do think he hits a demographic of older, 'conservative' viewers. You'd have to think some of this would be off-putting enough to get him tossed like with Ailes.

But is anyone surprised? After all that has come out from the former Fox female workers? Seems like a culture created from on top with Ailes and likely just hubris at play for some of these arrogant TV guys.

ESPN has its share of skeletons and some of those stories are very similar.

Trump's opinion BTW?

When asked about it he told the New York Times: "I think he's a person I know well — he is a good person," Trump told the Times. "I think he shouldn't have settled; personally I think he shouldn't have settled. Because you should have taken it all the way. I don't think Bill did anything wrong."

Color me shocked that a guy who thinks you can just walk up to a woman and grab her by the pussy or just start kissing her without even speaking to her thinks that Bill did nothing wrong. Unless....it's that other Bill, in which case he will drag six women to a national debate and pretend to be shocked by such behavior.

I certainly don't give a fuck. I have never watched or listened to him. That's the great thing about America...we have choices.

I certainly don't give a fuck. I have never watched or listened to him. That's the great thing about America...we have choices.

I never watched his actual show (sure I had seen clips before) until like circa 2013. I'd turn it on once and a while for entertainment purposes. I was surprised that he really was doing nothing more than pandering to a cranky, old, bitchy white guy audience.

you could tell from teh commercials who they targeted (erectile dysfunction, incontinence, prostate issues, etc).

I remember O'Reilly mocking twitter and social media, and was thinking in doing so he was really limiting his appeal to REALLY REALLY old guys. I mean my parents are younger boomers, but still boomers (in their early 60's), and they have friends on facebook and twitter. maybe O'Reilly is just clueless, but if youre going after people too old for the internet... youre targeting 70 year olds. When your target audience is 70+ clearly your business is going to be in trouble soon...

The timing of the "advertiser boycott" is interesting... I remember O'Reilly getting in trouble for sexual harassment YEARS ago, but strangely it's only a problem for them now?

I bet either: advertisers were already seeing a shitty return for ads placed on his show, and were looking for an excuse to get out, or the powers that be wanted him gone amid declining ratings, and decided to "leak" that report about the total cost of settling all his sexual harassment suits, because they couldnt bring themselves to firing him outright. or this was a sneaky way to breach their contract with him.

I also wonder what the future holds for Fox... the rest of their viewing audience ain't getting any younger, and as retarded as their typical hosts can be, they've shown a reluctance to go "full retard" and bring in an Alex Jones type. Glenn Beck famously crashed and burned out of there. So they'll have trouble going after that... uh... "segment" of the audience.

I never watched his actual show (sure I had seen clips before) until like circa 2013. I'd turn it on once and a while for entertainment purposes. I was surprised that he really was doing nothing more than pandering to a cranky, old, bitchy white guy audience.

you could tell from teh commercials who they targeted (erectile dysfunction, incontinence, prostate issues, etc).

I remember O'Reilly mocking twitter and social media, and was thinking in doing so he was really limiting his appeal to REALLY REALLY old guys. I mean my parents are younger boomers, but still boomers (in their early 60's), and they have friends on facebook and twitter. maybe O'Reilly is just clueless, but if youre going after people too old for the internet... youre targeting 70 year olds. When your target audience is 70+ clearly your business is going to be in trouble soon...

The timing of the "advertiser boycott" is interesting... I remember O'Reilly getting in trouble for sexual harassment YEARS ago, but strangely it's only a problem for them now?

I bet either: advertisers were already seeing a shitty return for ads placed on his show, and were looking for an excuse to get out, or the powers that be wanted him gone amid declining ratings, and decided to "leak" that report about the total cost of settling all his sexual harassment suits, because they couldnt bring themselves to firing him outright. or this was a sneaky way to breach their contract with him.

I also wonder what the future holds for Fox... the rest of their viewing audience ain't getting any younger, and as retarded as their typical hosts can be, they've shown a reluctance to go "full retard" and bring in an Alex Jones type. Glenn Beck famously crashed and burned out of there. So they'll have trouble going after that... uh... "segment" of the audience.

. . . or he could just be a bad person whose arrogant and deviant behavior finally caught up with him.

I have to disagree that declining ratings had anything to do with it, because they really weren't declining, at least not by much. His daily replay at 11:00 PM still outdistanced anything that CNN or MSNBC (Fox's prime cable news competitors) have - I'll let you find your own link for that.

Doesn't prove that people aren't sheep, but a ratings decline just wasn't part of it.

. . . or he could just be a bad person whose arrogant and deviant behavior finally caught up with him.

I have to disagree that declining ratings had anything to do with it, because they really weren't declining, at least not by much. His daily replay at 11:00 PM still outdistanced anything that CNN or MSNBC (Fox's prime cable news competitors) have - I'll let you find your own link for that.

Doesn't prove that people aren't sheep, but a ratings decline just wasn't part of it.

You're right.

It's more of a PR thing as the next generation of Murdochs are feeling that, for the good of the News Corp brand, Fox News needs something of a re branding to appeal to a younger, more broad based and diverse audience.

Enter Tucker Carlson. First time watching. You can tell when he doesn't agree with a guest. He just laughs at them. His shtick will get old.

Enter Tucker Carlson. First time watching. You can tell when he doesn't agree with a guest. He just laughs at them. His shtick will get old.

Agreed. Tucker isn't nearly boorish enough for OReilly's audience.

tough to imagine him angrily shoving liberals around or openly sexually harassing his staff (Tucker seems more like a sucker punch and roofie guy).

Last edited by a moderator:
there was a funny anecdote i read about some editor for The Nation (edit: found it.) going on O'Reilly's show in the days when OReilly was trying to help sell the invasion of Iraq by repeating the false claim that Hussein had worked with Bin Laden.

its pretty funny... he saw the shenanigans going on behind the curtain (Bill demanding his staff edit footage to show a misleading claim) and called O'Reilly on it when his interview started.

Bill responded by yelling at him, cutting out his appearance from the aired program, and banning him from any future appearances on his show.

Bill O'Reilly is a total scum merchant. Glad he's off TV. His show was toxic waste, polluting American politics and culture. Fuck him and all his fans.

Last edited by a moderator:
there was a funny anecdote i read about some editor for The Nation (edit: found it.) going on O'Reilly's show in the days when OReilly was trying to help sell the invasion of Iraq by repeating the false claim that Hussein had worked with Bin Laden.

its pretty funny... he saw the shenanigans going on behind the curtain (Bill demanding his staff edit footage to show a misleading claim) and called O'Reilly on it when his interview started.

Bill responded by yelling at him, cutting out his appearance from the aired program, and banning him from any future appearances on his show.

Bill O'Reilly is a total scum merchant. Glad he's off TV. His show was toxic waste, polluting American politics and culture. Fuck him and all his fans.

Went from "funny anecdote" to "Fuck him and all his fans." pretty quickly. Maybe I found something you are passionate about. I need to start a thread "Billy O'Reilly behaving great" - I am sure I could find some deranged quotes from people touting his charity or niceness. ;*)

Back